Wytch Green Cottage
Located in Hawkchurch, Devon
This traditional Grade II listed cottage has period features throughout and makes an excellent family or group getaway, with a separate coach house boasting its own living quarters for extra privacy.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 5
Facing Hawkchurch’s village war memorial and with direct access to the 625 mile long Monarch s Way footpath, this 500-year-old property is surrounded by peace and tranquillity. Just 7 miles from the coastal town of Lyme Regis, famed for its fossil hunting and fun family days out, the cottage is ideally located for a family escape to enjoy both Devon and Dorset s coast and country. Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall’s River Cottage restaurant can be found in nearby Axminster and offers ‘Wine and Dine’ experiences. Other attractions include Axe Valley Wildlife Park, Ferne Animal Sanctuary, Lyme Regis Marine Aquarium, Seaton Tramway, Crealy Great Adventure Park and National Trust properties.
From the driveway step into the rear entrance hall, leaving coats, muddy boots and wiping mucky paws. From here a door leads into the study which is an ideal spot for a bit of reading or perhaps catching up on emails. From the hall, three steps lead up to the double aspect kitchen/dining room. Here you will find an impressive Aga, available for use in cooler months (October to Easter), as well as an additional oven and a dishwasher. Dine around the family-sized table beside the window seat, underneath the exposed beams. A wooden arch leads into the double aspect lounge with parquet floor, fireplace with open fire, original bread oven, desk space and window seat where you can relax and enjoy the array of mod cons that will help you feel at home. There is also a bathroom on the ground floor with a shower over the bath and a WC. Head upstairs to the first floor where you will find three bedrooms which are all beamed. First is the charming, light and airy king-size bedroom which is spacious and has high ceilings and an en suite WC. There are also two delightful twin bedrooms with reduced height in the eaves. In addition, the property also boasts a single-storey detached stone coach house which can sleep a further two guests (on request and at additional charge) and is situated to the rear of the parking area. Here there is a cosy lounge/dining room with a vaulted beamed ceiling, log burner, TV and fridge, as well as a double bedroom with iPod dock and a bathroom with a shower over the bath. In the adjacent outbuilding, you will find the utility room with a washing machine and tumble dryer.
The enclosed rear garden has a lawn area as well as a patio area with seating, ideal for al fresco drinks and meals. To the front of the cottage is an enclosed, split level cottage garden with flowers and shrubs, which can be accessed from the kitchen or from a side gate. There is off-road parking for up to three cars.
- Stunning 500-year-old Grade II listed cottage
- Period features throughout, including exposed beams, open fire and parquet floor
- Separate coach house with private lounge, fourth bedroom and second bathroom, available at an additional cost
- Warming Aga available in winter months
- Direct access to the Monarch’s Way footpath
- Just 7 miles from popular Lyme Regis on the Jurassic Coast
- Sleeps 6 + 2
- Bedrooms 3 bedrooms in the cottage, 1 king-size with en suite WC and 2 twins; 1 additional double bedroom in the separate coach house (on request at time of booking and at an additional charge, please enquire)
- Bathrooms in the cottage, 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC, plus 1 en suite WC; in the separate coach house, 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Kitchen Aga (available from early October to Easter inclusive), electric oven and hob, combi microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- External utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Open fire in the lounge in the cottage and wood burner in the separate coach house (first basket of logs included from early October to Easter inclusive)
- Electric and heating included
- In the cottage Smart TV, iPod dock, Hi-Fi; in the coach house TV and DVD
- Wi-Fi included
- Landline available for complimentary evening and weekend calls to other landlines
- Selection of books available
- A hairdryer is available
- Split level enclosed front garden and enclosed rear garden
- Off-road parking for up to 3 cars
- 5 dogs welcome
- Strictly no smoking, candles or BBQs allowed due to thatch
- Shop 50 yards, pub 100 yards, beach 7 miles
Hawkchurch offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Hawkchurch can offer.