Located in High Bickington, Devon
This detached thatched cottage dates to the 17th Century and sits within the grounds of the owners large Georgian home. Wrens Thatch has an enclosed garden and a private hot tub to enjoy.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 2
This pretty cottage is conveniently placed just 5 miles from the nearby town of Torrington, which is well worth a visit and boasts an array of cafes, independent shops, Dartington Crystal visitor centre, and popular RHS Rosemoor. Dartmoor and Exmoor with their rugged scenery are easily accessible, as is the common land that surrounds Torrington which offers over 20 miles of footpaths that link directly to the famous Tarka Trail which is great for cyclists and walkers. The seaside town of Westward Ho! is 11 miles away and offers 2 miles of golden sands. Attractions include The Milky Way, The Big Sheep, Clovelly with its steep cobbled streets, or you could even take a boat trip to Lundy Island.
On entering the cottage, you feel the warmth of the original exposed beams as well as the underfloor heating, the open plan living area is very impressive, relax in the lounge in front of the wood burner, watch your favourite programmes on the Smart TV or pop in a DVD for a family movie night. The kitchen is well equipped with a range style electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and a dishwasher. The utility area has ample space for muddy boots and coats as well as a washer/dryer. A wet room shower is just next door with WC. The staircase leads up from the living area to two bedrooms, both having high-quality zip and link super king beds (which can be made into twins on request) one bedroom has an en suite shower and WC. The other room has an en suite bathroom with handheld shower over a roll-top bath and WC.
Heading outside you will find an enclosed patio area with your own private hot tub, seating and a lawn area. A gate leads out to an adjoining wildflower meadow which is ideal for walking or exercising dogs and has fabulous views towards Exmoor. There is plenty of off-road parking available.
- Idyllic thatched cottage in the heart of Devon with your own private hot tub
- Ideal base to explore all of Devon with beaches just 20 minutes away
- Private enclosed garden, patio area and adjacent wildflower meadow ideal for walking or exercising dogs
- 2 super king zip and link beds (which can be made in to twins on request)
- 1 wet room with WC, 1 en suite shower room with WC and 1 en suite bathroom with handheld shower over bath with WC
- Kitchen with electric range style oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room with washer/dryer
- Wood burner (logs included)
- Electric and wood pellet ground source underfloor/central heating included
- Ample off road parking
- Wi-Fi included
- Hot tub
- 2 dogs welcome
- Beach 11 miles and shops 3 miles
- Smart TV/DVD in lounge
- Please note, dogs are only permitted on the ground floor
High Bickington is a rural village in North Devon within a short drive of the coast and some excellent beaches at Westward Ho!, Bideford, Barnstaple and Saunton. The village has two pubs, the Old George Inn and the Golden Lion Inn as well as a small community shop and some small independent shops. Close by is Libbaton Golf Club and within the village itself is Tony Cummings Glass where you can spend the day learning the art of glass blowing. Visit Northcote Manor for an afternoon tea in wonderful surroundings or for those with an interest in history the Cobbaton Combat Collection has military vehicles from the second world war.