Located in Braunton, Devon
This detached property is situated on the outskirts of Braunton, with restaurants, shops and pubs just a short drive away and the burrows/beaches just a short drive provides a great base for a family holiday in the heart of North Devon.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 1
Situated in the village of Braunton, with its array of shops, restaurants, pubs and takeaways. The famous Tarka Trail is on the doorstep, ideal and level for walking and cycling. Within driving distance are some of the region’s best beaches, including the enormous and breathtaking Saunton Sands, Woolacombe Beach, Croyde’s surfing Mecca and Putsborough. Walking enthusiasts will also be spoilt for choice with the nearby South West Coast Path and Exmoor National Park, not to mention a plethora of National Trust land. Just outside the town, are the Braunton Burrows, England’s largest sand dune system, which provides a lovely backdrop for scenic seaside walks. Other places of interest close by including Barnstaple, Ilfracombe and Exmoor Zoo to name but a few.
Stepping into this spacious property you are greeted by a light and airy open entrance hall which leads to the lounge and kitchen. The lounge provides comfortable sofas and a Smart TV, and effect fire for those cosy nights in, it also has French doors leading out to the patio. Accessed via the other side of the hall, the spacious kitchen/diner has seating around the dining table and breakfast bar, and the kitchen offers an electric oven and hob, combination microwave, American-style fridge/freezer, coffee machine and dishwasher. This then leads to a useful utility room with a washing machine and tumble dryer. Heading upstairs to the first floor you will discover a spacious hall with views across the Chivenor airfield and Braunton Burrows towards the estuary and village of Appledore. From the landing, you will discover four beautiful bedrooms. The master bedroom has a super-king-size bed with TV and a walk-in dressing room which leads to an en-suite shower room with WC. This suite also boasts a balcony with views across Chivenor airfield and Braunton Burrows. The second bedroom offers a kingsize with an en-suite shower room and has a Juliette balcony to enjoy the same spectacular views as the master bedroom. The other two bedrooms to the rear of the property have zip-and-link beds which are set as a twin but can be joined as a super-king bed upon request. Finally, a beautiful bathroom with a freestanding bath, separate shower and WC.
Outside a level gated garden wraps around the property and offers various areas to relax and unwind. The AstroTurf garden is lovely for relaxing with a pond to the side. The hot tub is a great addition for all the family to enjoy after a day of exploring, there is also a wooden gazebo perfect for alfresco dining. The summerhouse to the rear of the garden also provides a table tennis table, ornamental bar and comfy seating with a TV. Private off-road parking for 2/3 cars is located within the secure gated area.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Private gated entrance leading to a detached house with hot tub, summer house/games room and garden
- Direct access to the famous Tarka Trail providing the longest continuous off-road cycle path in the UK
- Located with close access to restaurants, shops, pubs and just a short drive from the famous sandy beaches of Saunton Sands and Croyde
- 4 bedrooms, 4 super-king-size (2 of which can be presented as a twin upon request)
- 1 bathroom, 2 en suite shower rooms and additional ground floor WC
- Electric oven, hob, combination microwave, boiling water tap, American style fridge/freezer, Nespresso coffee machine and dishwasher
- Utility/drying room with washing machine & tumble dryer
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- TV in lounge & 2 bedrooms
- Electric and central heating (underfloor on the ground floor) included
- Gated garden with hot tub, and wooden gazebo
- Off-road parking for 2/3 cars
- 1 dog is welcome
- Beach 3 miles, pub, and shop within walking distance
Braunton is a small parish village situated near Barnstaple. Known as "the gateway to the northern Coast", it is the base for all watersports. The village is close to the surfing beaches at Croyde and Saunton Sands. The village has a surfing vibe to it and a few surfing shops which reflect this. Barnstaple is a 15-minute drive away and is the largest town in Devon. From here you can explore the Tarka Country and the 180 mile Tarka Trail. If you don't fancy walking then take the picturesque Tarka train line. Exmoor National Park is 20 minutes from Barnstaple. This offers spectacular views of the countryside. It is a mecca for walking and nature enthusiasts.