Woodlands At Cottwood
Located in Chulmleigh, Devon
Ideally located in the heart of Devon this little nook of cosiness and tranquillity is a great base from which to explore the area.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 3
Located in a rural spot between the villages of Winkleigh and Chulmleigh this is an ideal base from which to explore and to enjoy many walks directly from the cottage. Boasting stunning views overlooking the woodland you can enjoy the many walks and footpaths leading from the property. Other attractions close by including sandy beaches at Westward Ho!, Saunton, and Croyde. RHS Rosemoor, Dartington Crystal and the quaint cliffside fishing village at Clovelly to name but a few. Families are well catered for with The Big Sheep and The Milky Way adventure parks. Walk or cycle along the Tarka Trail where you can hire bikes and pedal away traffic-free. Keen on fishing, then a visit to the neighbouring Stafford Moor Fishery is a must.
On entering this split-level cottage, you find you are immediately in the cosy lounge area with open fire, Smart TV/DVD and exposed beams, the perfect place to relax, moving on there is a snug room with further seating and a separate dining room, the dining table offers plenty of room for everyone to sit together and enjoy a meal or takeaway. On into the kitchen, which is well-equipped with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. A couple of steps down lead you to a utility room with a washing machine, tumble drier and further fridge/freezer. There is then a separate WC and the bathroom is through a small lobby with shower over bath. Heading back through to the lounge the open tread staircase leads to the three bedrooms, a master double with en-suite shower room and WC. A super-king-size zip-and-link (which can be made into a twin on request) and an elegant single room with views of the woodland.
Stepping outside is a rear enclosed garden which is on three levels all sharing the view of the trees and the occasional buzzards swooping in the distance. A good size patio area and garden furniture. A small unfenced pond is within the garden (children and pets please take care) A steep stone path and steps lead up to the allocated parking area. At the front of the property is a small carport and it’s handy for unloading at ground level it’s also ideal for storage of cycles, top boxes and surfboards etc.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Character cottage set overlooking open woodland in the heart of North Devon
- A short drive to both North and South coasts it’s a great base to relax and enjoy country life
- Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the area and nearby woodland where you can often spot the local wildlife including deer, foxes and badgers as well as a large variety of birds
- 3 bedrooms 1 double room, 1 super-king-size zip and link (which can be made into a twin on request) and 1 single
- 1 en suite shower room with WC and 1 bathroom with bath, shower over and 1 separate WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble drier and further fridge/freezer
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Open fire (first basket of logs included)
- Smart TV/DVD in lounge
- Enclosed garden with garden furniture
- Open-sided garage ideal for for storage of cycles, top boxes surfboards etc
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Please note, a steep stone path and steps lead up to the allocated parking area
- Pubs shops and restaurants 3 miles
- Small unfenced pond at the property, children must always be supervised
Chulmleigh is a pretty, small, Saxon hilltop market town dotted with thatched and cob cottages. The towns of High Bickington and South Molton are both 17 minutes away and the village of Chawleigh is 6 minutes away by car for your local provisions. The Little Dart runs through Chulmleigh, leading to the Valley Walk and Two Moores Way which make up some of the 180-mile Tarkka Trail and making this very popular for walkers. The ancient woodland in Eggedford woods is popular with horticulturalists as unusual plants and trees grow here. The Tarkka train Line can be picked up from Eggesford and runs to Barnstaple. Chulmleigh has open playing fields which are dog friendly. There is also an adventure playground for the children to explore.