Located in Bampton, Devon
This delightful log cabin is one of two, set in the heart of the Exe Valley. With a range of on-site activities and just two miles from Exmoor National Park, it offers a tranquil escape in Devon.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
As you wind your way along the private drive through pretty woodland, keep your eyes peeled for peregrine falcons, red deer, foxes and badgers dawn or dusk are a great time to see them. Although many guests will choose to enjoy the secluded and peaceful location of the cabin, there is plenty to be discovered in the surrounding area, Exmoor National Park offers a range of outdoor pursuits including sea fishing, pony trekking, game and clay pigeon shooting and mountain biking. Golf courses can be found in Tiverton and Minehead and there are many fantastic beaches on the north coast. The charming village of Dulverton is less than four miles away with a range of shops, pubs and restaurants.
This one level accommodation offers traditional country living with all the essential equipment for a comfortable holiday. Enter into the open plan lounge/diner, which offers a spacious area with sofas, TV/DVD, games, hi-fi and dining table with chairs to seat you all at dinnertime. This leads on to the kitchen, which is complete with an electric oven, microwave, fridge, dishwasher. There are two bedrooms, one double room and one bunk bedroom with an additional single bed. There is also a bathroom with shower over bath and WC. Outside you will find a large veranda with seating the perfect spot to enjoy those well deserved evening drinks overlooking the private garden and floodlit pond. The grounds offer plenty to be discovered and activities such as fly fishing and canoeing close by you are welcome to bring your own equipment or this can be hired from the owners. Please note if bringing a dog there is a £100 refundable security deposit paid to the owner upon arrival.
- A unique holiday experience in the heart of the Exe Valley surrounded by 100 acres of untouched private woodland
- Set on the Devon and Somerset border In an idyllic certified conservation area this is perfect for wildlife enthusiasts
- Just 2 miles from the delights of Exmoor National Park
- Fly fishing and canoe hire are available
- 2 bedrooms 1 double and 1 bunk bedroom with an extra single
- 1 bathroom
- Electric oven, microwave, fridge, dishwasher Fridge/freezer compartment
- 2 dog welcome
- 100 security deposit payable for pets on arrival to the owner
- Private water supply
- Bed linen and towels included
- Electric and electric wall heaters included
- Wi-Fi available restricted/limited usage applies
- Bikes for hire can be arranged directly with the owner
- Canoes available for hire on request
- Fly fishing available 2 minutes from the cabin
- Beach 21 miles, Dulverton shops, pubs and restaurants 3
- 5 miles, Bampton 3 miles
- Private gardens and open pond located at a safe distance
- Ample parking
- A complex of properties
Bampton is one of the gateways to Exmoor National Park and is great for exploring both Devon and Somerset. Although this pretty, peaceful village is small, there are two small supermarkets, a post office and a choice of 3 pubs. The village was more recently used for the village scenes in "Downton Abbey". The larger towns of Tiverton, Taunton, and Exeter are nearby as well as a selection of National Trust properties. There are a choice of footpaths to suit all abilities, incorporating the Two Moors Way and The South West Coast Path which passes through National Nature Reserves and Heritage sites. For a fun day out, visit Wimbleball Lake Country Park in Dulverton or Wiveliscombe Open Air Pool in Taunton or enjoy everything Exmoor offers.