Located in Appledore, Devon
Four bedroomed cottage in the attractive village of Appledore with spectacular estuary views which can be enjoyed from the enclosed patio.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 1
This cottage is located in the quayside village of Appledore, a popular tourist destination, thanks to its pretty harbour. Visitors will find a range of shops, restaurants, pubs, and galleries in the village, in fact, one of the village s best pubs is just a few moments walk from the property. Not to be missed is a boat trip across the estuary to the village of Instow with its sand dunes. For those who like a traditional beach holiday, there is the two-mile-wide stretch of beach at Westward Ho!
Entering this attractive cottage, guests will be immediately drawn to the waterside views, which dominate the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner. Bi-fold doors lead from a seating area to the property s enclosed glass-fronted patio, the perfect place to relax at any time of day and look at the estuary views. For those who can manage to pull themselves away from the enchanting views, the separate snug area has seating arranged around the feature fireplace, TV, and DVD. The kitchen area is a pleasant, light-filled space which is well equipped with an oven, hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, and dishwasher, whilst the washing machine is kept in the cupboard under the stairs. The dining table which sits between the kitchen and lounge areas comfortably seats six. Taking the steep, cottage-style stairs from the living area, guests will reach the first floor, where two of the four bedrooms are located. One of these rooms is a double with estuary views, whilst the other is a bunk bedroom with 2 6 bunks which are suitable for children under the age of 10. There is a bathroom on this floor which has a shower over bath, heated towel rail and WC (please note, the bath is slightly smaller than average at 4 6 ). A further set of stairs lead to the second floor and the remaining two bedrooms. Both of these bedrooms are singles, but one has a pull out bed which means that it can be made up as a double or twin on request this room enjoys estuary views. The other room benefits from an en suite shower room with WC.
The stunning enclosed balcony, which is accessed from the main living space, is the perfect place to enjoy the views across the estuary and to sit with a drink in the evenings, or perhaps a morning coffee. Parking in the village is at a premium, therefore, guests are advised to use the local public car parks, or alternatively, roadside parking can be found around a five-minute walk away.
- Waterfront location with enclosed rear terrace benefitting from uninterrupted estuary views
- Terraced property situated in one of Appledore’s most recognised streets with the villages coffee shops, pubs and restaurants are within easy reach
- The beautiful beaches of North Devon including Westward Ho! is just two miles away, ideal for surfing and swimming
- Take the seasonal passenger ferry across the estuary to Instow with its sand dunes and beach
- 4 bedrooms: 1 double, 1 bunk bedroom (suitable for under 10s) and 2 singles (1 of these can be made into a twin or double)
- Bathroom with shower over bath and WC, plus en suite shower room with WC to 1 of the single rooms
- TV and DVD
- Wi-Fi included
- Oven, hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, and microwave
- Steep cottage style stairs
- Terrace with uninterrupted views over the estuary and towards the sea
- Electric and central heating included
- Pubs and shops within walking distance, rockpools 15 yards, beach 1 mile
- 1 dog welcome
- Parking available in the nearby public car park, or roadside parking nearby
Appledore is a small fishing village in North Devon. The village celebrates its local artists. The village is full of narrow streets, many of them cobbled. Here you that will find a lot of arts and crafts shops showcasing their work. A variety of pubs and restaurants offer a large range of local seafood. The village is has a privately owned shipyard that employs a lot of the locals. The quay is often occupied by local shipping vessels and yachts. Cruises are available to go up and down the estuary. A ferry takes passengers to the pretty village of Instow which has a sheltered Sandy beach and pier. A short walk away, along the river is Bideford Bay and Westward Ho. The nearest town is Barnstaple 21 minutes away.