West Nymph Holly Hock Cottage
Located in Okehampton, Devon
This beautifully located barn conversion right in the heart of rugged Dartmoor, is the perfect place to unwind in stunning, natural surroundings.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
With Dartmoor on your doorstep and your Devon home surrounded by a working farm, there is no place better to experience true Devon life. Of course, if the beach is what you’re after, it’s easy to hop on the A30 and drive to either the north or south coast of Devon, where sandy beaches and good waves are waiting to be explored and surfed. Close by, the cathedral city of Exeter offers a wide range of boutique shops, pretty-cobbled streets and independent eateries. Other attractions, which are within easy reach of the property include countless National Trust properties and gardens, castles to explore and long walks to ramble. You can also take advantage of the owner’s beauty treatment room on site which offers a range of treatments (please book directly with the owner)
Holly Hock Cottage has three bedrooms, which include one king-size with TV and en-suite shower and WC, one king-size with TV and one twin. The chic family bathroom has a free-standing bath, separate walk-through shower and WC. There is also a separate bathroom with shower over bath and WC on the ground floor. The open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner has a wood burner (with the first bag of logs provided), a Smart TV/DVD and French doors which lead out onto the private patio area. If you would prefer to stay in to cook than go out, the kitchen offers guests an electric double oven with hob, fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher. There is also a utility cupboard with a washing machine and tumble dryer.
The private patio area has garden furniture, a private hot tub and a BBQ. There are also three lakes on the farm, with one which has been stocked with carp, tench and roach for fishing. For the children, there is a shared play area that includes an enclosed trampoline, various swings for all ages and sizes, a sandpit and a trapeze. Guests can also visit the farm animals and collect free range eggs from the chickens. Ample off-road parking is available.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Located on the edge of the awe-inspiring Dartmoor National Park
- Superb views of the grounds and lake
- Relaxing private hot tub in enclosed patio area for enjoyment
- A beauty treatment room is available on-site offering a range of treatments
- One of three beautifully converted barns in the heart of Dartmoor
- 3 bedrooms, 2 king-size bedrooms (1 with en suite)
- 1 twin
- 1 en suite shower with WC
- 1 family bathroom with bath, shower and WC
- shower over bath and WC
- Kitchen with double electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Woodburner with the first bag of logs provided
- Electric and underfloor heating provided
- Bathrobes provided
- Utility cupboard with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Fishing lake available on site
- Stabling for horses available by prior arrangement
- Trampoline, swings, sandpit and trapeze are all available in the shared play area
- Wi-Fi included
- Hot tub
- 2 dogs welcome
- Offroad parking
- Bike storage available
- A complex of 3 properties
- Smart TV/DVD
- A beauty treatment room is available onsite offering a range of treatments (please book direct with the owner)
- Beach 30 miles away, pub and shop 2 miles away
Okehampton is centrally located and lies on the northern border of Dartmoor National Park. This market town is perfect for those looking to escape to the outdoors and is known as the walking centre of Devon. Enjoy the area on foot, by horseback or on a bike and discover the beautiful countryside the area has to offer. The Granite Way is a walking and cycle route that is pretty level, can be travelled along in a day (18 miles in length) and you will be rewarded with the Lydford Gorge and its waterfall at the end of the trail. Okehampton Castle is the remains of the largest castle in Devon dating back to Norman times and has a rich history. There are over 40 places to eat out and there is a good selection of shops making this an excellent place to base yourself to explore the area.