Located in Modbury
Waterfall Cottage is located on the Comer Estate near Modbury, Devon, and sleeps 5 in 2 bedrooms and is pet-friendly.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Waterfall Cottage is part of The Colmer Estate, a beautiful 18th Century country estate set in 28 acres of private grounds that include a fishing lake, woodland and meadows. Centrally situated in the heart of the South Hams and an easy drive to many beautiful beaches, this is a wonderful holiday destination with fantastic facilities on the doorstep. Whilst there is plenty to occupy more active people at Colmer, there are many places within the extensive grounds of this lovely location for those seeking peace and tranquillity in an idyllic location.
Popular pub (good beer, bar food and restaurant), shop and petrol station 300 metres; beaches 6 miles; Salcombe, Dartmouth, Dartmoor and many family attractions within easy reach.
Steps lead down from the entrance to the open plan living room with lounge and dining area: a comfortable sofa, armchair and cushioned footstool; TV, smart Blue-Ray DVD player (with Netflix and BBC iPlayer); books, games; dining table to seat 5.
The kitchen area is well fitted and equipped with an electric hob and built-in oven, microwave, fridge with ice compartment and dishwasher.
Steps past foldaway stair gate up to the bathroom and two spacious bedrooms:
Bedroom 1 with a 5ft bed, fitted wardrobe, bedside cabinets and chest of drawers
Bedroom 2 with two 3ft single beds and space for the additional 3ft trundle bed for occasional use (most suitable for a child);
Family bathroom with shower over bath, basin and WC.
- Outdoor kidney-shaped swimming pool (heated June, July and August).
- An excellent indoor heated (all year) swimming pool.
- All weather tennis court (please bring your own equipment).
- Croquet, basketball, football, boules and playhouse in the walled garden; table tennis behind the outdoor pool.
- Fitness room with a good range of aerobic equipment.
- Visitor information and coin-operated laundry facilities.
The cottage has its own private balcony and terrace area with a table, parasol and chairs immediately overlooking the beautiful outside pool area; terrace gate leads to stairs down to the swimming pool.
One designated parking place next to the cottage and plenty of visitor parking nearby.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (not swimming towels), travel cot, high chair, wi-fi, electricity, central heating (gas) and all onsite facilities.
- Telephone: No telephone; pay phone in the nearby indoor swimming pool; mobile reception variable.
- Pets: One well-behaved dog is welcome at this property. Pet charge £30 per dog per week
- Local Facilities: Excellent local pub, the California Inn, shop and petrol station 300 metres.
- Beaches 6 miles.
- Kingsbridge and all local facilities 6 miles.
Modbury is a large village in the popular South Hams area of Devon and located within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. To the south is a choice of sandy beaches while to the north lies Dartmoor National Park. The village itself has several cafés, three pubs all of which serve food, a wine bar, an Indian and a Chinese as well as a good range of shops. There are so many interesting villages to explore including Kingston, Ringmore, Bigbury, Aveton Gifford, Holbeton and Mothecombe. Visit the Brownston Art Gallery that holds regular exhibitions including some very well known artists as well as local talent. Calancombe Estate is a vineyard that offers tours and tastings by appointment with a visitor centre opening in late 2019 for tours with an appointment. Modbury is a great location for those looking to explore both the countryside and the coast.