Located in Torrington, Devon
An idyllic thatched cottage nestled in a peaceful riverside village where you can enjoy the best of both North Devon s coast and countryside.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
This charming holiday cottage enjoys a traditional village location with the local inn; cricket club and children’s play park all just a short walk away. The surrounding area is perfect for those who enjoy walking or cycling, with the Tarka Trail accessible from the village, awash with wildflowers and presenting beautiful views of coastal towns along the way. The sandy beach of Westward Ho! is just six miles away, Bideford with its range of quirky shops and restaurants is four miles and Torrington, which offers an indoor swimming pool, heritage centre and Dartington Crystal is three miles away. Slightly further afield, you’ll find the historic towns of Clovelly and Hartland with breathtaking cliff-top walks on either side.
Enter the property into the entrance hallway where you will find a piano and room for coats and shoes. Here there is a large oak table so you can dine comfortably together. The well-equipped kitchen offers fitted units, granite work surfaces, a fridge/freezer, separate integrated fridge ideal for wine/beer, gas oven, hob, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine and an oil-fired Rayburn (which can be used at an additional cost). The cosy lounge features exposed beams, a large stone fireplace with a wood burner (first basket of logs included, then £5 each thereafter), TV/DVD, Hi-Fi, Bluetooth soundbar. Upstairs, the first bedroom contains a king-size bed with fitted wardrobes, and a twin room also with fitted cupboards. There is also a spacious bathroom with shower over bath and a separate handheld shower attachment on bath and WC on the first floor.
Outside, the delightful fenced garden offers a lawn area, shallow cobbled steps to one side and a decked area with BBQ, garden furniture and views over the valley – perfect for evening drinks. There is private parking for two cars.
- Perfect for walkers and cyclists alike with the traffic-free Tarka Trail accessible from the village
- Traditional thatched cottage with exposed beams and large stone fireplace with wood burner
- Set in an idyllic riverside village the cottage benefits from a private enclosed garden with a view across the valley
- The perfect base for either a family holiday or a romantic break, located close to some of North Devon’s leading visitor attractions
- 2 bedrooms 1 king-size, 1 twin room
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath and separate handheld shower and WC
- Fridge/freezer, separate integrated fridge, gas oven, hob, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine and oil-fired Rayburn
- Rayburn can be lit if required at an additional cost of £25 per week
- Woodburner (first basket of logs included then 5 each thereafter)
- Bed linen and towels included
- Electric and central heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- Regret no pets
- TV/DVD, Hi-Fi and Bluetooth soundbar
- Enclosed garden with decked area with BBQ and garden furniture
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Beach 6 miles, pub and children s play area within walking distance
Torrington or Great Torrington as it is often called, is a pretty, small market town, full of character, above the River Torridge. The town has a variety of convenience and local independent shops as well as cafes, a Victorian Pannier Market and several pubs. The town is linked to many of the walking and cycling routes that run through the area including the Tarkka Trail. With the town of Barnstaple 25 minutes away and Bideford just 15 and Clovelly just a little further, this makes Torrington a great base for links to the coast. RHS Garden Rosemoor is in Great Torrington and is magical after dark with the trees being lit by different coloured lights, there is even a play area for the children. Dartington crystal is situated here too, take a tour and see the glass being blown and moulded and then relax in their cafe before visiting the gift shop.