Twyford Farm Cottage
Located in Bickleigh, Devon
This property is set within a farmyard, with cows, chickens and sheep roaming nearby.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
This part of Devon is famous for its rich red soil, which can be admired by setting out on foot and exploring the beautiful countryside. Nearby Bickleigh village sits on the River Exe and is home to two popular pubs and a mill, which is a picturesque spot for enjoying an afternoon tea or browsing the impressive gift shop. The cathedral city of Exeter is within easy reach, which boasts excellent shopping facilities and a wide array of restaurants, cafes and galleries.
Inside, this property adopts a home from home feel and has been decorated in a traditional farmhouse style with wooden floors and exposed beams throughout. In the light and airy kitchen/diner, you will find an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine and farmhouse table. After a long walk in the countryside, put your feet up in the large sitting room to plan your next outing or make use of the TV/DVD. There are three bedrooms in this property, one double with en suite shower and WC, one twin and one bunk bedroom. There is also a bathroom with shower over bath and WC and a separate WC on the ground floor.
Outside, you will find an enclosed garden with a pretty patio area surrounded by well-stocked beds and pots. Here you can enjoy al fresco meals at the picnic bench while overlooking the lawn beyond.
- Family cottage located on a working farm in a peaceful rural setting
- Great for walking with access to river and countryside walks from your front door
- Close to Bickleigh, which posts good pubs and a popular mill offering boutique shopping and artisan foods
- Canal boats can be hired from the nearby town of Tiverton
- Within easy reach of the cathedral city of Exeter, boasting a variety of shops and restaurants
- 3 bedrooms 1 double, 1 twin, 1 bunk bedroom
- 1 shower room, 1 bathroom and 1 separate WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and washing machine
- Wi-Fi included (can be intermittent)
- Towels and bed linen included
- Cot and highchair available
- Enclosed garden with patio and furniture
- Ample off road parking
- Regret no pets
- Shop 4 miles, pub within walking distance
Bickleigh is a picture-postcard village dotted with traditional thatched cottages. Situated in the Axe valley and 4 miles from the town of Tiverton, Bickleigh's sturdy 5 arch bridge dates back to the 14th century and, together with the working watermill, adds to the charm of this village. The village has 2 pubs that offer traditional home-cooked food and a craft and shopping centre. We have a great collection of Bickleigh self-catering cottages from which you can enjoy the area.