Located in Instow, Devon
Idyllically positioned, set back from the sandy beach, in the wonderful coastal village of Instow where a level walk takes you along the beachfront to experience the delightful views across to Appledore.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
Instow is a fabulous waterside village with a plethora of great restaurants, traditional pubs and fabulous deli offering local produce. Instow is home to the North Devon Yacht Club and the quayside is the base for boat trips and fishing, during the summer months take the passenger ferry to the fishing village of Appledore with its colourful cottages and narrow streets. The Tarka Trail runs through the village and offers miles of traffic-free cycleways and footpaths. Nearby Westward Ho!, famed for its 2 miles of golden sandy beach and great surfing where you can enjoy body boarding or if you fancy surfing you can book lessons and boards locally. There are many other popular attractions close by including, Tapeley Park, The Big Sheep, RHS Rosemoor and the quintessential famous cobbled fishing village of Clovelly.
Enter this surprisingly spacious property and you are greeted by a comfortable lounge/diner offering comfortable seating, Smart TV and Bluetooth soundbar. There is plenty of seating in the dining room a perfect space for memorable get-togethers. The well-equipped kitchen has an electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and a washing machine. This remarkable kitchen area also offers an enclosed area which leads out to the enclosed courtyard. This area is truly perfect for those wet dogs coming off the beach. Also, on this floor is a separate WC. Take the stairs to the first floor where you will find all three bedrooms, one super king-size zip and link (which can be made up as a twin on request) with Smart TV, one double and one twin room, completing the first floor is the shower room with WC.
Head outside into the courtyard which consists of a hot and cold shower, perfect for those sandy toes and sandy dogs. From here take the shared path where you will find the enclosed private garden with garden furniture, small lawn area and charcoal BBQ. There is also gated access to the garden from the side of the house. There is roadside parking (subject to availability). There is also a public car park and a private car park close by (charges apply). In addition to this, the owner will provide details of a private parking arrangement (a charge will apply) 5 minutes walk from the property. Please request this at the point of booking.
- Located just a few minutes from the beach at Instow and the Tarka trail to explore North Devon car-free
- Great location, with all amenities a level walk along the waterfront including a selection of waterfront restaurants on the seafront
- Play in the sand dunes or build sandcastles on the beach, later watch the sunset over Appledore
- Perfectly located to explore the North Devon and Cornish coastline and beaches
- 3 bedrooms 1 super king-size zip and link (can be made into a twin on request), 1 double and 1 twin
- 1 shower room with WC and separate WC downstairs
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine
- Electric and central heating included
- Roadside parking (subject to availability)
- Public car park and a private car park close by (charges apply)
- The owner can also provide details of a private parking arrangement (a charge will apply) 5 minutes walk from the property
- Wi-Fi (fibre broadband) included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Beach, shop and pub within walking distance
- Smart TV and Bluetooth soundbar and DVD in the lounge
- Charcoal BBQ
- Woodburner (first basket of logs provided from Oct to Apr)
- Outside hot and cold shower in the courtyard
- Shared path to enclosed rear garden
- Access to the garden shed is also available to store bikes and/or surfboards
- Access can be gained to the rear of the property via the back gate
Instow is an enchanting, yet peaceful coastal town situated where the Taw and Torridge rivers meet. The town of Bideford is 10 minutes away and the village of Abbottsham is 15 minutes. The Tarkka trail runs through Instow and as the trail is traffic-free, is a perfect and safe way of exploring by foot or by bike. As the trail passes by the estuary lookout for wildlife, enjoy the gentle breeze and allow your mind to relax and unwind. The beach is sandy and perfect for building sandcastles, flying kites, or just relaxing. You can even try a spot of crabbing in the quay at high tide. Instow is popular for watersports whether you are a pro or a beginner as the waves here are much calmer because the mouth of the estuary cancels out most of the oceans swell making it ideal conditions for kite and windsurfing, in fact for those beginners tuition for these is available right on the beach. Canoeing and kayaking are popular also along the rivers. Instow has a range of pubs, bars and restaurants and shops. Pick up the ferry to Appledore which is on the opposite bank, its a great way to explore, especially when the water levels are too high to use the footpaths. For those water sports enthusiasts, then Skern Lodge Outdoor Activity Centre is in Appledore. The BIG Sheep Adventure park in Abbottsham is great fun for all the family or visit Tapley Park Gardens in Instow or North Burrows Country Park in Bideford is a great beach to walk the dog or do a spot of bird watching.