Located in Appledore, Devon
This 200-year-old Grade II listed cottage is located in the traditional fishing village of Appledore, situated on the estuary of the River Torridge, offering a wonderful base for a restful break.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
This property is located in the pretty fishing village of Appledore, which still has a thriving community of fishermen, as is evidenced by the boats bobbing in the attractive village quay. For those who are looking for a relaxing holiday, the village itself makes a great place to take a break from the stresses of everyday life, with its interesting shops and tempting eateries all within strolling distance of the property. The village quay, too, is just a short walk away, and in the summer months, a ferry runs across the estuary to the neighbouring village of Instow where visitors will find a yacht club and beach. Just two miles from the property, Westward Ho! Boasts a beautiful sandy beach.
This traditional fishermen s cottage makes for a delightful place to stay, with its pretty original features. The property s lounge has a lovely relaxing atmosphere and offers a coal effect gas fire, TV, and DVD, which can all be enjoyed from the comfortable seating. The neighbouring room, the kitchen/diner, has a dining table seating four, a wood burner effect gas fire, and is equipped with oven, hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment, washer/dryer, and handy USB charging points. Steep cottage-style stairs lead to the first-floor accommodation where there are two bedrooms. The first of these is a pretty double room, whilst the second room is a twin with 2 6 beds which can be put together to make one standard height single. There is a shower room with WC.
Outside there is a small courtyard with an outside WC. As is typical in the village, there is no parking attached to the property, but there is roadside parking available close by, or guests may prefer to use local public car parks.
- Located in the traditional fishing village of Appledore on the North Devon coast
- Grade II listed cottage sleeping four with attractive period features
- Walking distance to the waterfront, shops, pubs, cafes and galleries
- Fantastic location for exploring all that North Devon has to offer including the closet beach just 2 miles
- 2 bedrooms: 1 double and 1 twin with low rise 2 6 beds
- Shower room with WC
- TV, DVD, and USB charging points
- Wi-Fi included
- Gas oven, hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment, and washer/dryer
- Electric and central heating included
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Roadside parking available locally
- 1 dog welcome
- Beach 2 miles, shops, and pubs within walking distance
- Please be aware that in the interest of minimising viral infection at Tillerman Cottage there will be a 72 hour interval between departure and arrival
- This may mean that the usual Saturday to Saturday booking may not be possible so we ask that holidaymakers exercise flexibility in their arrangements
Appledore is a small fishing village in North Devon. The village celebrates its local artists. The village is full of narrow streets, many of them cobbled. Here you that will find a lot of arts and crafts shops showcasing their work. A variety of pubs and restaurants offer a large range of local seafood. The village is has a privately owned shipyard that employs a lot of the locals. The quay is often occupied by local shipping vessels and yachts. Cruises are available to go up and down the estuary. A ferry takes passengers to the pretty village of Instow which has a sheltered Sandy beach and pier. A short walk away, along the river is Bideford Bay and Westward Ho. The nearest town is Barnstaple 21 minutes away.