The Sheep Pen
Located in High Bickington, Devon
Beautifully furnished barn conversion with quirky design features and private patio and hot tub. A couple s dream, a peaceful, idyllic retreat close to a village pub and easy reach of the coast.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
One of two barns offering private and contemporary accommodation on this small working sheep farm. Beautifully finished and filled with rustic charm and quirky design features. You are welcome to explore the grounds and it’s especially lovely at Easter time when lambing takes place. The beautiful surrounding countryside is great for walkers and cyclists alike, and if you are looking to explore further afield, the gorgeous sandy beaches of Woolacombe, Saunton and Croyde and Dartmoor National Park are just a short drive away.
Stepping into the barn you immediately feel at home. The warm and cosy lounge/dining area has a fantastic feature wall and is the perfect space to enjoy an evening in with your feet up, read a good book or watch your favourite channel or movie on the TV/DVD. Two steps up take you to the compact but well-equipped kitchen, which also has steps out into the courtyard. Cook up an intimate meal or quick lunchtime snack with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. A separate utility area houses the washing machine and freezer. Leading on, the impressive and spacious bedroom with stylish decor has a super king-size zip and link bed (which can be made up as a twin on request) with an en suite shower room with WC. Completing the accommodation is a separate WC.
Heading outside, there is a courtyard area with garden furniture, BBQ and private hot tub, a fabulous spot to sit with a glass of wine and enjoy the sunshine. You will also have the use of a beautiful acre wild garden. You can stroll through the farmyard and orchard, and there is even space if you want to have a BBQ. A dog sitting service provided by the owner is available upon request during your stay (charges apply). There is bicycle storage and off-road parking for one car available.
- Situated on a small working sheep farm in the unspoilt, rural countryside
- Enjoy an acre of wild garden and orchard, great for BBQ’s or picnics
- Set in a traditional courtyard setting with private patio and private hot tub
- Enjoy a day at the seaside with sandy beaches at Woolacombe, Saunton and Croyde
- 1 bedroom super king-size zip and link (which can be made up as a twin on request)
- 1 en suite shower room and 1 separate WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher and fridge
- Utility area with washing machine and freezer
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Private hot tub
- Electric and central heating included
- Bed linen and towels included
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Wi-Fi included
- 1 dog welcome
- Beach 17 miles, community shop and pub 1
- 5 miles
- Bicycle storage available
- Smart TV in the lounge
- Smart TV in bedroom with DVD player
- Charcoal BBQ available
- Regret no infants babes in arms welcome
High Bickington is a rural village in North Devon within a short drive of the coast and some excellent beaches at Westward Ho!, Bideford, Barnstaple and Saunton. The village has two pubs, the Old George Inn and the Golden Lion Inn as well as a small community shop and some small independent shops. Close by is Libbaton Golf Club and within the village itself is Tony Cummings Glass where you can spend the day learning the art of glass blowing. Visit Northcote Manor for an afternoon tea in wonderful surroundings or for those with an interest in history the Cobbaton Combat Collection has military vehicles from the second world war.