The Roost At Riverside
Located in Lympstone, Devon
This fabulously characterful property occupies the first floor in the owners stunning waterside home overlooking the Exe estuary and has been lovingly furnished to provide a spacious and comfortable couples retreat.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Perfectly situated in the heart of Lympstone which is an idyllic fishing and sailing village on the eastern banks of the Exe estuary. The Exe Estuary Cycle Trail passes the front door and links the golden sandy beaches of Exmouth with the historic village of Topsham to the north. You will find a popular local pub opposite and just a stroll away two further pubs and a handy village shop and post office. Historic Exeter, with its cathedral and array of shops and amenities, is just a short drive or accessible via train, which provides wonderful views over the estuary. Other attractions and places of interest accessible from here include Powderham Castle, Dart’s Farm, Killerton House, Dartmoor National Park, Exmoor, The English Riviera, South Hams and the Jurassic Coast.
The unique layout of this characterful and renovated property firstly sees guests enter via a shared hallway and stairwell, but once inside the first-floor apartment is entirely self-contained. On entering you will immediately find yourself in the fabulously spacious lounge/diner and will be drawn towards the two large windows offering panoramic views directly out over the estuary. Here keen birdwatchers can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of indoors, and even a telescope has been thoughtfully provided by the owners. Every piece of furniture in this beautiful and characterful room has a story and includes a large comfortable sofa, a rocking chair, a Smart TV, and an original sgraffito fireplace. Add to this the clean burn wood burner and it provides the perfect place to relax after a good walk or cycle ride. Head towards the rear of the apartment and accessed via a step up from the lounge area you will then discover the quirky yet beautifully presented kitchenette and bedroom area. Compact yet fully appointed, boasting a four ring induction hob, combination microwave/oven, fridge with an ice compartment and even a dishwasher. Opposite this and offering a cosy place to retire to at the end of the day is the king-size bed. Completing the offering inside the apartment is a light and fresh bathroom with a shower over the bath and a WC, complete with an estuary view.
Venturing outside the owners have thoughtfully provided guests with exclusive use of the pretty pebbled patio area directly outside the property and this can either be used as a delightfully sunny seating area for a morning coffee or as a parking space for one car. Guests can also enjoy access to a communal village waterside seating area and a public car park, both just a short stroll away.
- Stunning self-contained waterside studio apartment in a welcoming unique 'home inside a home' setting
- Lovingly renovated and furnished with an array of creature comforts alongside old beams, original art and antiques
- Located in the heart of the village with fabulous views directly out onto the Exe estuary and walks directly from the doorstep
- 1 King size bed
- 1 Bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Electric induction hob, electric combination microwave/oven, fridge with an ice compartment and dishwasher
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Private off-road parking for 1 car Beach 3 miles, village shop and pub within walking distance
- Smart TV/DVD in the lounge area
- Regret no children, babes in arms welcome
- Please note the road outside has very little traffic but can get busy with cyclists (care is recommended)
Lympstone offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Lympstone can offer.