The Retreat At Waytown
Located in Okehampton, Devon
Set amidst a beautiful working farm, this cottage provides the perfect countryside retreat for those looking for a peaceful break in rural Devon. Close to the border, you'll also only be a short distance from the Cornish coast.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Although located in a rural location, a short drive will take you to some of Devon and Cornwall s best attractions, rural beauty spots, stunning beaches and charming towns and villages. Okehampton and Tavistock, an ancient stannary town, are both nearby with a range of quirky shops and idyllic tearooms. The cities of Plymouth and Exeter are easily accessible and offer many attractions including shopping centres, restaurants and theatres. If you enjoy activities such as golf or horse riding facilities can be found nearby and there are two local pubs within a four-mile drive. Within 40 minutes you could also be relaxing on the golden sands at Bude or enjoying long walks, a spot of fishing or a range of watersports at Meldon Reservoir or Roadford lake. There are also plenty of National Trust properties in the area and a 60-minute drive will take you to the renowned Eden Project.
Located with the owner’s rare sheep and cattle farm, this property which is semi-detached from the owner’s farmhouse is sure to help you forget the stresses of daily life. On the ground floor, you will find the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner. The kitchen offers everything you need for a comfortable stay including electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and a dining room table. The pleasant lounge area features an open fire, which will keep you snug on cool winter evenings. There is also a TV/DVD and hi-fi. Upstairs, the bedrooms enjoy views across the surrounding countryside. Choose from a bedroom with a king-size bed, and a TV/DVD or a family room with a double and single bed. There is also a bathroom with shower over bath and WC. The grounds of this property are a real highlight and will help to make your holiday extra special. Relax in the garden where seating and a BBQ means you can dine al fresco, while the little ones enjoy the trampoline and sandpit. With the permission of the owners, guests are also welcome to visit the working farm and meet the animals come face to face with pedigree South Devon cattle and rare Whiteface Dartmoor sheep. Lambing and calving take place from February to May so there is always a new arrival to meet. There is ample parking available and storage for bicycles.
- Set within a beautiful 342 acre working rare sheep and cattle farm for a perfect rural retreat
- Set within a walkers paradise, on the outskirts of Dartmoor National Park
- Nestled in rural countryside location with beautiful views across the fields
- Close to the border with Cornwall so you can enjoy two stunning counties
- Within easy reach of some of the most popular attractions in the South West
- Meet the new lambs and calves from February through to May
- 2 bedrooms 1 double and 1 family room with a double and single bed
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher
- Washing machine/dryer
- TV/DVD and hi-fi, and an additional set in the double bedroom
- Electric and central heating included
- Bed linen and towels included
- Wi-Fi included
- Open fire
- Regret no pets
- This is a no-smoking property
- Ample off road parking
- Trampoline and children s sandpit
- Cot and highchair available
- Storage for bicycles available
- Access to the A30
- 4 miles away Shops and pubs 4 miles, beach 50-minute drive War Horse Valley museum 5 miles and Okehampton Castle 3 miles
Okehampton is centrally located and lies on the northern border of Dartmoor National Park. This market town is perfect for those looking to escape to the outdoors and is known as the walking centre of Devon. Enjoy the area on foot, by horseback or on a bike and discover the beautiful countryside the area has to offer. The Granite Way is a walking and cycle route that is pretty level, can be travelled along in a day (18 miles in length) and you will be rewarded with the Lydford Gorge and its waterfall at the end of the trail. Okehampton Castle is the remains of the largest castle in Devon dating back to Norman times and has a rich history. There are over 40 places to eat out and there is a good selection of shops making this an excellent place to base yourself to explore the area.