The Old Granary
Located in Barnstaple, Devon
This stunning property offers a superb holiday experience thanks to its fabulous location, panoramic views and stylish interior plus is close to many great local attractions. Ideal accommodation for all the family.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 1
This stylish conversion is ideally located, Barnstaple is a short drive (3 miles) and has shops, cinema, pubs, restaurants, and a theatre. The North Devon coast is close by, surfers and sunbathers alike can enjoy the sands of Croyde, Instow (4.2 miles) or Westward Ho! (10.4 miles) Exmoor is a firm favourite with keen walkers, with many routes to choose from. Families can enjoy The Milky Way, The Big Sheep, Arlington Court, RHS Rosemoor or the nearby Tapeley Park (all within 20 miles) where you will be inspired by the idyllic Italianate terraces and kitchen gardens. Cycle or walk the 180-mile Tarka Trail, a former railway route; stop at the cafe in Fremington Quay’s old station house which also serves home-cooked food.
Stepping into the barn you find yourself in the spacious and stylish kitchen/diner, well fitted and equipped, this spacious room has everything you need to cater and dine with an electric oven and induction hob, built-in microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine and an island unit come breakfast bar with a wine cooler and bar stools, a great place to relax and chat whilst preparing a meal. A formal dining table and chairs sit just beyond the breakfast bar offering ample seating for everyone. A utility room sits adjacent to the dining area and here you will find the washing machine, dryer and additional storage. Moving through the barn the inner hallway offers a bright entrance area with a handy cloakroom with WC. The lounge sits at the other end of the barn and provides a warm and welcoming room to unwind after a day of exploring, warm yourself in front of the wood burner (first basket of logs provided) comfy leather sofas, a Smart TV and an array of puzzles books and games. Heading back to the hallway an oak staircase leads you to the first floor and a large landing area – a bright yet peaceful spot to sit and read. The sleeping accommodation comprises of three bedrooms, all having Smart TVs, 1 king-size with an en-suite shower room with a shower and WC, 1 twin (zip and link which can be made into a king on request) and a further king-size with an en-suite bathroom with bath and WC. The family bathroom completes the accommodation and has a bath, separate shower, and WC.
There is an enclosed garden with a patio area, picnic bench, charcoal BBQ and giant garden games. Fabulous views across the fields to the estuary beyond. A large enclosed seeded lawn and a gate leads across the adjacent paddock to the children’s play area with swings and a climbing frame. There are also a selection of garden games. The property has its own private driveway and designated lit parking area for up to three cars.
- A superbly converted barn on a working farm offers magnificent views and a children’s play area
- Walk or cycle along the Tarka Trail through estuary villages nearby admiring the coastal views
- Enjoy the sandy beach and dunes at Instow, or the surf at Westward Ho! Saunton Sands and Croyde
- 3 bedrooms 2 kings, 1 twin (zip and link can be made into a king on request)
- 3 bathrooms 2 en suite bathrooms, 1 with a shower and WC, 1 with shower over bath and WC, 1 bathroom with bath, separate shower and WC and 1 WC on the ground floor
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, wine cooler and coffee pod machine
- Utility room with washing machine and dryer
- Underfloor heating downstairs
- Wood burner (first basket of logs provided)
- Smart TV in the lounge and all bedrooms
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request
- Books games/puzzles in the lounge
- Wi-Fi included
- Enclosed garden with furniture, play area, garden games and charcoal BBQ
- 1 small dog allowed
- Parking for up to 3 cars
- Beach 4 miles, pub and shop just under 2 miles
Barnstaple is the largest town of North Devon, set on the River Taw, and dating back more than a thousand years. Steeped in history, you can still see parts of the original Norman castle and the 13th-century bridge and discover more in the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon. Today it is an important market town with a huge, enclosed Pannier Market that is open daily except Sundays with everything from fresh local produce to local artists work. So much to see and do in and around Barnstaple. Broomhill Sculpture Garden has 10 acres of wonderful grounds in which to discover over 300 sculptures by over 60 artists. Arlington Court is a Georgian mansion run by the National Trust with almost all rooms open to the public. Visit Saunton Sands with its huge beach or take a trip on the Tarka Line and see beautiful scenery all the way to Exeter on the Great Western Railway.