The Cider House
Located in Dalwood, Devon
The Cider House is a stunning barn conversion resting in the rural setting of Dalwood in Devon and sleeps four guests in two bedrooms.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
The Cider House is a wonderful barn conversion laying in stunning countryside surroundings between Dalwood and Ham. The property sleeps up to 4 guests in 2 bedrooms and is also dog-friendly. There is a ground floor bedroom and shower room. There are shared gardens with lawns, gravelled patio area, barbecue and furniture.
Nestling in the idyllic countryside location of Dalwood in Devon, is this exceptional barn conversion, The Cider House. Perfect for a family or couples travelling together, the property boasts a wealth of traditional features which add up to create accommodation of overwhelming charm and character.
The open-plan living space offers a welcoming introduction to the property with a spacious seating area, feature stone flooring and patio doors opening outside, making a wonderfully sociable space ideal for gathering together and enjoying quality holiday time. The stylish kitchen is fully fitted with everything you need to prepare delicious food for your family and once prepared, you can step into the elegant dining area which has feature windows offering delightful rural views and is a magnificent space for eating and drinking with your holiday party. If the sun is shining down then why not step outside and enjoy an aperitif or some nibbles outside on the gravelled patio area? Breathe in the fresh Devon air, soak up the garden views and really relax into the holiday vibe.
When bedtime calls, take your pick from the twin or double bedrooms; both are immaculately presented and offer an inviting sanctuary away from the hurly burly of being on holiday. After a refreshing night’s sleep and an invigorating shower in the contemporary shower room, you’re all set for a day of adventures discovering the delights of Devon.
You are within walking distance of the charming village of Dalwood which has some outstanding countryside views as well as a popular, traditional village pub. Hop in the car for a scenic drive to some of the region’s most popular attractions which include Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary, Seaton Tramway, Beer Quarry Caves, and Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens and Forde Abbey House and Gardens.
If you fancy a day at the beach then some of Devon’s finest beaches are not far; try Charmouth, Seatown, Lyme Regis and Chesil and see if you can collect some fossils to take home.
The Cider House is the apple of any visitor’s eye and is well worth a visit.
- Two bedrooms: 1 x ground-floor twin (zip/link, can be made into a king-size on request), 1 x double
- Ground-floor shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Open-plan living space with dining area and sitting area
- Cloakroom with basin and WC
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven, grill and hob, microwave, fridge with ice box, washing machine
- Smart TV, WiFi
- Fuel and power are included in the rent
- Bed linen and towels are included in the rent
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Shared gardens with lawns, gravelled patio area, barbecue, and furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop just under 1mile, a pub just over ½ a mile
- Note: The gardens are not enclosed and there is a stream and a pond at the bottom of the garden so supervision of children and dogs is advised and we ask that you bear this in mind when booking
- Note: If you wish the twin bedroom to be made up as a king-size please let us know prior to your arrival
Dalwood offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Dalwood can offer.