The Belvedere Tower
Located in Hatherleigh, Devon
A bijou heavenly spot for a romantic getaway, this compact yet beautifully appointed and unique folly is set in the heart of the Devon countryside with 360 countryside views.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Encircled by acres of beautiful countryside in the heart of rural Devon, between the North Devon coast and Dartmoor National Park, sits this newly converted 18th-century folly with a well thought out and clever pared-back design. From the private decked area at the top of the tower, soak up the 360-degree panoramic views which stretch out over the rolling countryside or wrap up under blankets for a night of stargazing. Whether you choose your days rambling or resting you will be rejuvenated and truly reconnected with the great outdoors.
Step through the front door of the property and into the open-plan studio-style accommodation, which due to its unique nature offers a small yet perfectly considered lounge/kitchen/diner and sleeping area. The lounge/sleeping area has a sofa bed which can be made into a double bed and also a TV/DVD, and the compact but perfectly appointed kitchen offers a microwave, sink and a mini travel fridge. Completing the offering inside the property, you will also find a wet room style shower room with a shower and WC. Venturing outside the external stairs take you to the top of the tower which offers a lovely decked viewing platform area to relax on and absorb the 360 panoramic views.
This area is finished with comfortable outdoor seating. At the front of the property, you will find a gravelled seating area with a BBQ and furniture to enjoy dining alfresco. Parking for two cars is provided a short stroll away at the base of the field which is accessed via an unmade farm track.
- A unique folly set in the heart of the countryside offering a small but beautiful style of accommodation
- A tranquil haven for two with stunning views and close to Dartmoor National Park
- A great central location from which to explore all Devon, Somerset and Cornwall has to offer
- 1 sleeping area with double sofa bed
- 1 wet room style shower and WC
- Microwave oven, sink and mini travel fridge
- Private enclosed garden area with seating and BBQ at the front of the property, and private decked viewing platform with seating at the top of the tower and accessed via external steps
- Parking for 2 cars
- Pub and shop within walking distance
- Regret no children or infants due to the compact size of the property
- Regret no oven
- Charcoal BBQ
- Please kindly note due to the rural location and uniqueness of this property, it is accessed by car via an unmade farm track and then via foot a short stroll through a field
Hatherleigh offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Hatherleigh can offer.