Located in Branscombe
This comfortable, charming and well-presented cottage is a perfect bolthole for couples.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
Terry Holt has been a very successful holiday property for many years and is newly back on the market for 2019 with a fresh new look.
This comfortable, charming and well presented cottage is a perfect bolthole for couples. There is a timeless magic about this old village and the property is conveniently positioned close to the beach and opposite the Masons Arms, a very reputable pub serving excellent food. The village of Branscombe is found on the South coast of Devon and is one of the most relaxing and picturesque villages on the Jurassic Coastline. Here you will find pretty rows of thatched cottages and it is believed to be the longest village in the country where the streets sweep down through the stunning valley to the sea.
The village has a number of historic buildings, the Old Bakery and Forge, both National Trust properties. Inside the Old Bakery you will find yourself surrounded by history, while the thatched forge is thought to be the oldest working of its kind in England. Branscombe has walks that cater for all abilities, immediately from the front door with beautiful historical strolls or cliff-top hikes and views out to sea.
Entry by front door into the Open plan living area.
Lounge has two seater sofa and window seat. Large Flat screen TV with Smart Box, Freesat, Netflix (guest to use their own subscription) and DVD player.
Kitchen is equipped with stand alone double oven and grill, fridge with ice box, microwave and a washing machine/dryer. Breakfast bar for dining.
Bedroom with King sized bed and separate bathroom with shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
Although there is no outside space with the cottage, directly across the road is the Masons Arms with its sunny beer garden for coffees, drinks, lunch and dinner. And the beach is just 10 mins walk away via a footpath through idyllic countryside.
There is free street parking directly opposite the property and in the nearby square and surrounding lanes. There is also a public car park at the village hall 7 minutes walk from the property with an honesty box for contributions, or a public car park at the beach approx.10 min walk away, where charges apply.
- Included: All bed linen and towels, (please bring your own beach towels), WiFi, electricity, central heating.
- Telephone: Mobile signal is poor. A landline is provided for emergencies and incoming calls only.
- Arrival time - 4pm and Departure time - 10am.
- Pets: Two well behaved medium size dogs welcome in public areas of property only (not bedrooms). Pet Charge: £30.00 per pet per week.
- Local facilities: Beach: 500m and within easy walking distance from the property. The Sea Shanty Beach Cafe is on the beach. National Trust run The Old Bakery tea-room in the centre of the village. Dog Friendly Pubs: Masons Arms directly opposite (book well in advance of your visit) and The Fountain Head Pub, is 1 mile. Shops in Seaton: 5 miles. Beer: 2.2 miles. Sidmouth: 7 miles.
- Smoking/Vaping; not permitted.
Branscombe offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Branscombe can offer.