Located in Sidbury, Devon
This beautifully converted barn boasts a stunning open-plan interior, peaceful decked terrace with breath taking views and an enviable location just four miles from popular Sidmouth.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
Occupying a hillside setting in private grounds, this property is surrounded by beautiful countryside, through which many footpaths can be taken, making it an ideal location for families and dogs alike. A few miles away, the village of Sidbury was one of the earliest settlements in Devon and boasts an iron age fort, popular pub and shop. Take to the nearby Jurassic Coast, which spans 95 miles of the Dorset coastline, encompassing popular beaches including Beer, Branscombe and Sidmouth and offering wonderful walks. Other local attractions include the nearby cathedral city of Exeter, the caves at Beer, Bicton Gardens and the Donkey Sanctuary near Sidmouth.
Inside, this charming property has been beautifully finished to retain a host of original features including exposed beams and stonework and high vaulted ceilings. The downstairs accommodation is open plan; a step up to the large kitchen to the rear of the property featuring oak floorboards, exposed beams overhead and a long dining table is ideal for entertaining. In the kitchen, you will find a gas oven and hob, fridge with ice compartment, microwave, feature original Belfast sink and dishwasher, while a shared utility room in an external outbuilding houses the washing machine and shared freezer space. Once you have finished your meal, settle down for the evening to enjoy the TV and DVD player in the lounge area, where a wood burner sits against a feature exposed brick wall and French doors open out to the magnificent views. At the end of a long day, step upstairs to the cosy mezzanine floor where there is one super king size and two single beds, ideal for families. This room is accessed via a steep staircase and features a reduced height ceiling lined with charming oak beams. The wet room with WC is located on the ground floor.
French doors open from the lounge area to an elevated decked terrace with seating and spectacular views over the valley and woodland below. While adults relax with a drink and take in the scenery, younger guests and dogs can take the steps down to the grassed area below to make the most of the enclosed lawn below
- Private decked terrace with a breathtaking view
- Peaceful rural location only a mile from the village of Sidbury
- Dramatic open-plan layout with exposed beams and stonework throughout
- Popular local beaches include Beer, Branscombe and Sidmouth
- 1 bedroom accessed via steep stairs with 1 super-king-size and 2 single beds
- 1 wet room with WC
- Gas oven and hob, fridge with ice compartment, microwave, Belfast sink and dishwasher
- Shared utility room in external outbuilding with washing machine and shared freezer space
- TV and DVD player
- Wood burner 1st basket of logs included
- Limited Wi-Fi included
- Parking for 2 cars
- Patio with seating
- Enclosed lawn area
- Regret no babes in arms
- Upstairs is accessed via a steep staircase and features a reduced height ceiling lined with charming oak beams
- 2 well-behaved dogs welcome please bring own towels
- Beach 5 miles, shop and pub 1 and a half miles
Sidbury offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Sidbury can offer.