Located in Postbridge, Devon
Swallow Cottage in Postbridge, Devon sleeps six guests in three bedrooms and is pet-friendly.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
Swallow Cottage is located upon the grounds of Lydgate House Hotel in Postbridge in the Dartmoor National Park. Sleeping 6 guests across 3 bedrooms, the cottage also benefits from being pet-friendly so all the family can enjoy the fantastic location. With ground floor bedrooms and a bathroom, as well as a high chair, travel cot and stairgate, a real fire and close to a pub, this cottage will appeal to all age ranges.
Situated in the charming town of Postbridge, in Dartmoor National Park in Devon, is this characterful three-bedroom barn conversion, Swallow Cottage, boasting beamed ceilings, and open-plan living space. Set within the grounds of Lydgate House Hotel, the property enjoys a fantastic base for a family of six, or a group of friends, looking to explore the breathtaking surroundings of Dartmoor National Park.
Prepare hearty meals in the well-equipped kitchen to enjoy around the dining table before retiring to the plush sitting area, featuring a Smart TV and woodburing stove to compliment your nights in. For a tranquil spot to enjoy your morning coffee or a late-night glass of wine, step out onto the private patio space boasting well-appointed outdoor seating, where you can admire the rolling hills or stargaze the night away. Retreat to one of three charming bedrooms, each with ample storage and airy interior and one showcasing a stylish en-suite, to wind down in before catching your sleep.
Once you’ve enjoyed the vast expanse of the grounds, venture into Postbridge where you can find a handy shop to stock up on the essentials, or treat your loved ones to a tipple in the local pub. Within the national park, you can also ascend to the Hound Tor Rocks and stroll by the babbling waters of Canonteign Falls, before hiking up High Willhays, standing at an impressive 621 metres.
Travel further to the town of Okehampton to delve further into the area’s history in the Museum of Dartmoor Life or take a moment to admire the ancient ruins of Okehampton Castle with the sounds of the rushing river Okement in the background.
For vibrant waterfronts and all the excitement of city life, take a day trip to Plymouth where the National Marine Aquarium, Dartmoor Zoo and a vast array of watersports and activities await you.
Holiday in Devon with Swallow Cottage as your base.
- Three bedrooms: 1 x ground-floor super king-size, 1 x ground-floor twin
- Ground-floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, heated towel rail, and WC
- 1 x first floor double with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin, heated towel rail, and WC
- Open plan living space with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove
- Gas central heating with a woodburning stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, and extractor fan, picnic basket and coffee machine
- Smart TV, WiFi, Amazon Alexa, selection of books
- Fuel and power are included in the rent
- Bed linen and towels are included in the rent
- Highchair, stairgate, and travel cot available on request
- Private driveway
- Private front garden with patio and furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs are allowed (at £25 per pet, per week)
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop just under ½ a mile, a pub ⅓ of a mile
- Note: Mobile phone signal is poor in this area
- Note: The first-floor has a height restriction due to low ceilings and doorways
Postbridge offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Postbridge can offer.