Strawberry Bank – Pipistrelle
Located in Holsworthy, Devon
This warm and cosy cottage sits next to the owner s farmhouse yet retains its own privacy where you can relax in the private hot tub.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
This cosy and warm cottage sits adjacent to the owner’s farmhouse yet retains its own privacy and overlooks the courtyard. Situated in the village of Pyworthy, which is only a short drive to the small market town of Holsworthy. Holsworthy offers country strolls, fishing or cycle routes if you wanted to go for a bike ride. If you are feeling hungry there are many pubs to choose from, if you want to go out for a family meal or even just a drink. Just under ten miles away is Bude, perfect for surfers, walkers or if you fancy a swim. Several places that you can also reach within a short drive are The Milky Way, Boscastle, Clovelly, Tintagel and Launceston Steam Railway.
Enter from the rear of the property through the Private enclosed area into the rear porch/room (with warm air dog drier) which also includes a washing machine this leads to the lounge/diner area with comfy furniture, Smart TV, cosy wood burner and a dining table for you to enjoy a family meal together, there are also stairs that lead to the third bedroom which is on an open mezzanine with a super-king-size zip-and-link (which can be made up as a twin on request). Step down into the kitchen which is fitted with everything you need to cook up a storm with an electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. From the kitchen you enter the front hallway with front door access to the outside to the right of this is the family bathroom with a digital shower cubicle, bath, WC and basin. Straight ahead is the first bedroom with a double bed. Also in the hallway is a narrow staircase that leads to the second bedroom with a super-king-size zip-and-link (which can be made up as a twin on request).
The private enclosed area with seating, BBQ and private hot tub is perfect for relaxing of an evening which also includes a hot and cold dog shower. Also, enjoy the shared sauna, seating five and adjoining gym with a rowing machine, running machine, boxercise and aerobics area as well as the shared BBQ area, paddock where dogs can run freely and securely off the lead and a small lake with seated decking patio areas suitable for picnics. There is also parking for two cars at this property. Towels for dogs will be provided and can be exchanged from the dog towel laundry as required on site.
- Warm and welcoming cottage adjoining the owner’s farmhouse in a rural, peaceful spot
- Stylishly furnished and equipped with your own private hot tub and enclosed seating area
- Shared sauna and gym, along with a shared BBQ area, paddock and a small lake, ideal for exercising your pets
- 2 bedrooms 1 super king-size zip and link (which can be made up as a twin on request) and 1 twin zip and link (which can be made up as super king-size on request)
- 2 bathrooms 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC and 1 en suite shower room with shower and WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Welcome pack provided
- Utility area with washing machine
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Smart TV in the lounge
- Oil fired central heating
- Enclosed rear garden with garden furniture and private hot tub
- Shared sauna and adjoining gym with rowing machine running machine, boxercise and aerobics area
- Shared BBQ area, paddock to let dogs run free, and a large pond
- Specifically designed dog room with washing area and towels available
- Parking for 2 cars
- Pub 2 miles, Shop 6 miles and Beach 10 miles
Holsworthy is a market town set in stunning countryside amidst rolling hills. Every Wednesday they hold the popular Pannier Market which dates all the way back to the 12th century. The Holsworthy Museum features displays and information on rural life in days gone by. A variety of shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants can be found around the square.
Holsworthy is the ideal base for exploring Devon. As a base, it offers the peace and tranquillity of the countryside but you also have easy access to the Hartland Peninsula, the sandy beaches of Bude and Widemouth Bay, Dartmoor is within an easy drive as is the Tamar Valley.
We have a great amount of Holsworthy Holiday Cottages to choose from including many that are pet-friendly to take advantage of the excellent walks in the area.