Strawberry Bank – Kingfisher Barn
Located in Holsworthy, Devon
This cosy and warm cottage with a private hot tub and overlooking the rear paddock and pond.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
This cosy cottage sits near the owner’s farmhouse yet retains its own privacy and overlooks the courtyard and situated in the village of Pyworthy. Just under ten miles away is Bude perfect for surfers, walkers, or if you fancy a swim. Several places that you can reach within a short drive are Tintagel, Steam Railway, The Milky Way, Boscastle and Clovelly. Another place that is only a short drive away is the small market town of Holsworthy. Holsworthy offers things such as a country stroll, fishing or go for a bike ride on the cycle route. If you are feeling hungry there are many pubs to choose from if you want to go out for a family meal or even just a drink.
As you enter this beautiful property on the ground floor to your left is the spacious vaulted ceiling open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner, in the kitchen area, you will find a well-equipped kitchen that offers an electric oven and gas hob, microwave, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. In the lounge area sit and relax whilst watching your favourite movie on the Smart TV, and on cooler evenings snuggle up in front of the wood burner. The dining area offers enough seating for all guests to enjoy an evening meal together. Either side of this remarkable space is the two spacious bedrooms the first of two offering a super-king-size zip-and-link (which can be made up as a twin on request) this bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with a digital shower, bath, basin and WC there is a low step into this room from the living area and the second bedroom providing a twin room with zip-and-link beds (which can be made into a super-king-size on request) this room has an adjacent shower room with digital shower, basin and WC. Completing this stunning property is the specifically designed dog room with a washing machine and a warm air dog dryer.
Heading outside is a private enclosed area with seating, BBQ and a private hot tub is perfect for relaxing in an evening which also includes a hot and cold dog shower. Also enjoy the shared sauna seating five and adjoining gym with a rowing machine, running machine, boxercise and aerobics area as well as the shared BBQ area, paddock where dogs can run freely and securely off the lead and a small lake with seated decking patio areas suitable for picnics. There is also parking for two cars at this property. Towels for dogs will be provided and can be exchanged from the dog towel laundry room as required on site.
- Newly built in 2021 and set in a rural and peaceful setting and ideal for pet lovers
- Private hot tub and shared sauna and gym
- Close to Holsworthy for walks, fishing and cycle routes
- 2 bedrooms 1 super king-size zip and link (which can be made up as a twin on request) and 1 twin zip and link (which can be made up as super king-size on request)
- 2 bathrooms 1 en suite bathroom with shower, bath and WC, 1 shower room with WC
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, dishwasher and fridge/freezer
- Utility area with washing machine
- Welcome pack provided
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- Smart TV in the lounge
- 2 dogs welcome
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- LPG central heating
- Enclosed rear garden with garden furniture, BBQ and private hot tub
- Shared sauna and adjoining gym with a rowing machine, running machine, boxercise and aerobics area
- Shared BBQ area, paddock to let dogs run and a small lake
- Specifically designed dog room with washing area and towels available
- Parking for 2 cars
- Pub 2 miles, Shop 6 miles and Beach 10 miles
Holsworthy is a market town set in stunning countryside amidst rolling hills. Every Wednesday they hold the popular Pannier Market which dates all the way back to the 12th century. The Holsworthy Museum features displays and information on rural life in days gone by. A variety of shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants can be found around the square.
Holsworthy is the ideal base for exploring Devon. As a base, it offers the peace and tranquillity of the countryside but you also have easy access to the Hartland Peninsula, the sandy beaches of Bude and Widemouth Bay, Dartmoor is within an easy drive as is the Tamar Valley.
We have a great amount of Holsworthy Holiday Cottages to choose from including many that are pet-friendly to take advantage of the excellent walks in the area.