Spring Tide Cottage
Located in Appledore, Devon
This charming fisherman's cottage nestles in one of Appledore's quaint narrow pedestrian streets and is a short stroll to the bustling quayside with quaint shops, restaurants and pubs.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Located in the heart of Appledore you can enjoy the many family pubs serving food, restaurants, galleries and explore the history of the village with a trip to the Maritime Museum. There are some lovely walks from the village taking you to the 2 miles of golden sandy beach at Westward Ho! or to the town of Bideford alongside the river. The cottage makes a perfect base for exploring North Devon which has much to see and do with popular attractions including The Milky Way, The Big Sheep, Tapeley Park, Exmoor National Park and much more.
The pretty cottage can be approached either from the rear car parking space leading through the garden, down a number of decked steps and into the cottage or from the front door. You will be welcomed into the lounge/dining room with original tiled parquet flooring, flat-screen TV with DVD and Freeview, hi-fi, iPod docking station and cosy wood burner. The well-equipped kitchen located off of this room and is perfect for rustling up a treat with a cooker, fridge, freezer, washing machine and microwave. There is also downstairs shower rooms with WC. Heading up the steep cottage style stairs you will find two bedrooms, 1 double with lovely estuary and village views and 1 twin.
The cottage also offers a pretty enclosed garden with a patio seating area, BBQ and some estuary glimpses.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Beautiful fisherman's cottage with estuary glimpses, handy parking space and large enclosed rear garden - unusual in the village
- Set in the fishing village of Appledore with the bustling quayside, quaint shops, galleries, restaurants and gastro pubs all a short stroll away
- Expansive sandy beaches at Instow, Westward Ho!, Croyde and Woolacombe are within easy reach or why not explore the rugged coastline of North Devon via the South West Coastal Path
- 1 double bedroom and 1 twin bedroom
- Downstairs shower room with WC
- Towels not included
- TV, DVD, Freeview, Hi-fi and iPod docking system
- Wood burner
- Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine and Microwave
- Enclosed garden with BBQ
- Off-road parking space for 1 small car
- Electric and central heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- 1 dog welcome
- Beach 2 miles
- Shops, restaurants and pubs all within walking distance
Appledore is a small fishing village in North Devon. The village celebrates its local artists. The village is full of narrow streets, many of them cobbled. Here you that will find a lot of arts and crafts shops showcasing their work. A variety of pubs and restaurants offer a large range of local seafood. The village is has a privately owned shipyard that employs a lot of the locals. The quay is often occupied by local shipping vessels and yachts. Cruises are available to go up and down the estuary. A ferry takes passengers to the pretty village of Instow which has a sheltered Sandy beach and pier. A short walk away, along the river is Bideford Bay and Westward Ho. The nearest town is Barnstaple 21 minutes away.