Located in Salcombe, Devon
- Sleeps: 12
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 1
Situated in a wonderful position above the head of Batson Creek, this spacious family home has excellent views over the Creek, woodlands and hills. The property is bright and airy, is well furnished and equipped and has a secluded, heated swimming pool and extensive garden.
- Fancy an escape to the country? Here you and your whole family can holiday in the luscious Salcombe hills
- There is even an outdoor pool!
- From drive and parking area down short flight of steps to Sunroom: seating and table, stone floored
- Bedroom 1: Kingsize bed, single sofa bed, views over garden
- Shower Room: shower cubicle, basin, WC
- Hallway to Kitchen: electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, stone floored, glass doors to patio and garden
- Sitting Room: Large room with feature, open, stone fireplace, picture window with wonderful views of Batson Creek, TV, DVD, double glazed door to patio and garden
- Mezzanine Study: accessed from second floor, stairs from hallway to first floor
- Bedroom 2: single bed, views
- Bathroom: bath with shower over, basin, WC
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, child’s sofa bed, views
- Bedroom 4: single bed, basin, steep timber stairs to Mezzanine level: twin beds, restricted headroom
- Stairs to second floor landing
- Small Sitting Area: velux windows
- Bedroom 5: double bed, double French doors to balcony, views, en suite bathroom: bath with shower over, basin, bidet, WC
- Outside: heated, W-shaped, swimming pool
- The pool is available from second May Bank Holiday - end September
- This is for guests use only and at own risk
- Timber summer house
- Approximately half acre of garden (unenclosed), sloping in part, primarily lawns, mature shrubs, vines and trees, two patio areas, outside furniture and BBQ
- Parking: parking space for 3 cars next to house
- Duvets, pillows, bed linen and towels provided
- Telephone: Incoming and local calls only
- Wifi available
- Oil central heating/hot water
- No smoking
- Family pets welcome at no additional charge but should be kept to the ground floor
- Please note: Changeover day flexible in low, mid and upper mid season
- Please note that this property sleeps a maximum of 8 adults
- Please note the garden has some steep slopes/drops which are not suitable for unsupervised children
- Situated in a wonderful position above the head of Batson Creek, this spacious family home has excellent views over the Creek, woodlands and hills
- The property is bright and airy, is well furnished and equipped and has a secluded, heated swimming pool and extensive garden
Good property but tired and dated. Needs an update
Spring Shaw is a superb holiday home, offering everything you could possibly need for your stay. We had a very happy family gathering there and hope to go again next year. The swimming pool was a very special added bonus.
Lying within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Salcombe is a hugely popular resort town close to the mouth of the Kingsbridge Estuary. There are plenty of sandy beaches nearby including the pet-friendly Salcombe North Sands which is just a short walk from Salcombe town center. The Winking Prawn has a fantastic outside seating area and renowned food and is within yards of the beach. Travel to South Sands Beach from Salcombe's Whitestrand Quay on the South Sands Ferry and find large areas of golden sand perfect for making sand castles and rock pools to explore as well as Bo’s Beach Café which also sells beach accessories. East Portlemouth Beach is another that can be reached by ferry and is a series of coves with golden sands and clear blue water more reminiscent of beaches in the Indian Ocean making a swim almost irresistible. If you are looking for a walk with a difference wait for low tide and make your way up to Mill Bay along the coast for another great beach experience.
Lots of activities in Salcombe, both on and off the water. With the calm estuary there is a great choice of water based activities including sea kayaks, paddle boarding, a surf school, sailing both yacht and dinghy, estuary cruises both leisurely and adrenalin filled, schools for yachting and power boats and even donut rides and coasteering. Off the water relax at the Salcombe Distillery at the tasting bar or create your own gin at the gin school. Try your hands at the Salcombe Shooting School or travel up to Pennywell Farm and see all the animals and cuddle a miniature pig! Soft play can be found at Kidz and Co for those rainy days. The Brownston Gallery is one of Devon's finest art galleries showing contemporary pieces from both established and emerging artists. The walking here is excellent with a 3 mile walk along the South West Coast Path to Bolt Head being among the most popular with stunning coastal views.
Places to visit while staying in Salcombe include the Salcombe Maritime Museum, a collection of models, paintings, photographs and artefacts which tell the story of Salcombe’s links with ships and the sea. Carved into the cliff 80m above the sea, Overbeck’s Gardens and Museum provides breath-taking views over Salcombe Estuary with a diverse collection of plants and an interesting history. Finally, you are in a stunning part of the country whether you are attracted by the coastline or the countryside the Salcombe area delivers on all fronts.