Located in , Devon
This detached cottage is situated on the slopes above the village of Berrynarbor and sleeps seven people in four bedrooms.
- Sleeps: 7
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: No
Spring Cottage is a detached cottage set on the slopes above the village of Berrynarbor. The cottage sleeps seven people in four bedrooms which are a ground floor double which leads to a single, a double and an adult bunk room. There is also a ground floor bathroom, a cloakroom, a kitchen with a breakfast bar, a dining room and a sitting room with a wood burner. Outside there is an enclosed rear lawned garden with decking, furniture and a barbecue. There is also off-road parking for one car on a steep sloping driveway. Spring Cottage is a very attractive cottage near some stunning scenery.
This delightful detached cottage is situated on the slopes above the pretty village of Berrynarbor, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the North Devon coast. Within a short walk from the village shop and pub and only one mile from the pretty beaches at Combe Martin, this character cottage is an ideal holiday home for active families. There is a spacious kitchen with beams, tiled floor and breakfast bar, and a door leading to the dining room, a cosy place to eat together. The sitting room with stone fireplace and woodburning stove provides a relaxing room to lounge on the sofas and watch TV. On the ground floor is a family suite comprising a double bedroom and archway to a room with a child's bed and a shower room. Next door is the sizeable bathroom which includes a corner bath and shower cubicle. Upstairs is a double bedroom, an adult bunk room and a toilet. You will love the pretty sloping garden at the back of the cottage, reached by steps leading to lawns and outside the kitchen a patio area, all with amazing views across the rolling countryside towards the coastal path. Many a leisurely hour can be spent in the warm climate whilst preparing a summer BBQ. A short stroll takes you to the village pub, tea rooms and friendly local store, for added convenience during your stay. The South West Coast Path is only a mile from the cottage providing excellent rambling and spectacular views. For families, Combe Martin provides a sandy beach and a range of independent shops and pubs. A short drive will take you to the town of Ilfracombe with its picturesque harbour and views of the famous Damian Hirst's Verity statue. Ilfracombe has a bustling seafront, several restaurants, a theatre and the award-winning Tunnels Beach. A fifteen minute drive from the cottage is the three-mile long sandy beach at Woolacombe, which holds the England for Excellence Gold Award for best family resort, and was voted the Best British Beach in the Mail On Sunday. A very attractive cottage near some fantastic scenery.
- Gas central heating with wood burner
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for wood burner inc in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off-road parking for 1 car on the steeply sloping driveway
- Small front garden, rear enclosed garden with lawn, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Coast 1 mile
- Note: Due to the sloping garden, children should be supervised
- Note: The cottage is at the top of a hill and it is a steep walk to the shop and pub
- Note: There is a family suite on the ground floor comprising of a small room containing a child's bed suitable for a child up to the age of 4, a shower room then a couple of steps down to an adult double bedroom
The tranquil, picturesque village of Berrynarbor is situated at the coastal end of the beautiful Sterridge Valley and is surrounded by dense woodlands and farms. Quaint cottages and gardens awash with floral displays line the narrow streets, adding to the rural charm of the village, which has a friendly community atmosphere, and a well-stocked shop, and pub serving food.