Sea View Cottage
Located in Brixham, Devon
Three bedroomed cottage overlooking the harbour in the English Riviera town of Brixham, with a fantastic decked balcony offering views out to sea.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
This property enjoys a lovely position, above the harbour in the traditional fishing town of Brixham. The fishing industry is still thriving here, and many of the town’s restaurants and pubs pride themselves on serving fresh local seafood, which is not to be missed. Alternatively, take a trip to the town’s well-known fish market and see for yourself what the local fishermen have brought home, or go one better and try your luck on one of the accompanied fishing trips. For those looking for a more leisurely way to enjoy the bay, there are a number of relaxing boat trips to choose from, as well as several beaches all within easy reach of the town centre, including those at St Mary’s Bay and Fishcombe Cove, which are a bit further out than the others, and therefore quieter.
A private walkway brings guests to the front door of this property, and through to the open-plan lounge/diner with its dining table, corner sofa, TV, DVD, and patio door which opens onto a harbour-front balcony. The kitchen, also on the ground floor, is equipped with everything guests would expect, including an oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and washing machine. The first floor is home to the bathroom which offers a shower-over-bath and WC, and to the first of three bedrooms, a king-size room offering harbour views from the dual-aspect windows. The remaining two bedrooms are situated on the second floor: a double room with delightful sea views, and a bunk bedroom with smaller, junior-sized bunkbeds, suitable only for children, and plenty of space to store clothes and toys.
The decked balcony, located off the lounge/diner is a wonderful outside space from which to enjoy the views and perhaps enjoy alfresco meals, or just drinks.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Contemporary three-bedroomed cottage offering delightful views overlooking Brixham Harbour
- Enjoy drinks on the private balcony
- Easy walking distance to beaches, coastal walks and town centre
- Sleeps 4 adults and 2 children
- 3 bedrooms: 1 king-size, 1 double and 1 bunk bedroom only suitable for children
- Bathroom corner bath with shower over bath and WC
- TV and DVD
- Wi-Fi included
- Oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and washing machine
- Electric and heating included
- Bed linen and towels included
- 1 dog is welcome
- Beach, pub, and shops are all within walking distance
- Brixham is a busy fishing village situated on a very steep hill, so access to some parts of the village can be challenging
- Many of the amenities and cottages in Brixham are accessed via steps some of which can be steep
- Please contact us if you have specific requirements
- There are many small winding streets that are not suitable for cars, therefore many properties in Brixham do not have private parking
- However, alternative parking is available in local carparks
Brixham is a beautiful harbourside town on the South Devon coast on the English Riviera. Brixham has a rich maritime history and a full-size replica of the Golden Hind can be found in the Inner Harbour. A short walk further on takes you to the Brixham Battery Heritage Centre with magnificent panoramic views across the bay or find out more at the Brixham Heritage Museum.
There are regular ferry trips to Paignton and Torquay or you can book a wildlife sea-fari or a fishing trip. The area is great for learning to sail which can be done at the Torbay Sea School or crew the 78-foot heritage sailing ketch for a morning, afternoon or evening sailing trip. There are a number of festivals throughout the year including the popular Pirate Festival which attracts thousands of visitors. For relaxation, it is hard to beat Breakwater Beach, an award-winning Blue Flag beach close to the mouth of the harbour.