Sea Salt – Brixham
Located in Brixham, Devon
A tranquil, spacious and convenient hideaway in the heart of Brixham, with all local amenities on your doorstep, making this the ideal family getaway.
- Sleeps: 3
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
With lovely views over Brixham s pastel cottages, this beautiful retreat is a wonderful central base for exploring this fascinating area with its great leisure, sports and dining facilities. A wide array of eateries, inns and independent shops are on your doorstep. Brixham Theatre, the museum and library are close and early birds can do a Fish Market tour. You can spot dolphins at UNESCO s Berry Head and have a treat at the cafe. The Shoalstone Pool is a wonderful summer facility and the Breakwater is lovely for a stroll. Enjoy a day on heritage trawler Pilgrim or have a dip at Breakwater Beach and the crystal clear coves of Elberry, Churston and Fishcombe. Broadsands Beach is beautiful and ideal for children as it is wide and shallow.
Leave your sandy shoes in the porch and enter the charming kitchen/diner with its Belfast sink and bespoke wooden units, with a gas oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, microwave, dishwasher and Nespresso coffee machine. Upon arrival, a generous welcome pack complete with larder essentials can also be found in the kitchen/diner. A round table in the dining area ensures cosy, sociable meals. A door leads to the lounge where light pours through a large sash window with window seat. There is a multi games table with integrated padded seats, TV, DVD and DVD’S, cosy sofas and a wood burner. Heading upstairs to the first floor you will find the bright and airy super king-size bedroom with large fitted wardrobe. Then head to a bright double bedroom also with lots of storage. The bathroom is adjacent with shower over the bath, WC and heated electric towel rail.
Venture outside, there is a private terrace, garden shed and garden furniture so you relax with a glass of wine after a busy day out in lovely Brixham. Bikes and paddleboards can be stored in the garden shed which has a padlock. The property offers private parking for 1 car at the owner’s car park, which is situated a short walk from the property or in public pay and display car parks.
- Spacious Georgian maisonette with great views a stone’s throw from harbour, beaches, walks and amenities
- Close to the South West Coast Path, Berry Head, Blue Flag beaches, crystal coves and Shoalstone lido
- Combines charm, character and modern conveniences with private parking available just a short walk away
- A sunny private terrace and cosy wood burner ensure all year comfort and relaxation for friends and family
- Cafes, restaurants, artisan bakery, buses, library, museum, theatre and public car park on the doorstep
- Convenient for National Trust properties, Dartmouth, Torbay attractions and amazing Dartmoor
- 2 bedrooms
- 1 super king-size and 1 double
- 1 bathroom with a shower over the bath and WC
- Gas oven and hob, Nespresso coffee machine, microwave, slow cooker, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge/freezer
- Electric and central heating included
- Linen and towels included
- 1 High quality very comfortable inflatable bed also available
- The wood burner includes kindling and coal for the first few days
- Private parking for 1 car at the owner's car park situated a short walk from the property or in public pay and display car parks
- Wi-Fi included
- Regret no pets
- A generous welcome pack is provided together with larder essentials
- Beach, shop and pub within walking distance
- TV, DVD and DVDs in the lounge
- Bikes and Paddleboards can be stored in the garden shed which has a padlock
- Brixham is a busy fishing village situated on a very steep hill, so access to some parts of the village can be challenging
- Many of the amenities and cottages in Brixham are assessed via steps some of which can be steep
- There are many small winding streets that are not suitable for cars, therefore many properties in Brixham do not have private parking
- However alternative parking is available in local car parks
Brixham is a beautiful harbourside town on the South Devon coast on the English Riviera. Brixham has a rich maritime history and a full-size replica of the Golden Hind can be found in the Inner Harbour. A short walk further on takes you to the Brixham Battery Heritage Centre with magnificent panoramic views across the bay or find out more at the Brixham Heritage Museum.
There are regular ferry trips to Paignton and Torquay or you can book a wildlife sea-fari or a fishing trip. The area is great for learning to sail which can be done at the Torbay Sea School or crew the 78-foot heritage sailing ketch for a morning, afternoon or evening sailing trip. There are a number of festivals throughout the year including the popular Pirate Festival which attracts thousands of visitors. For relaxation, it is hard to beat Breakwater Beach, an award-winning Blue Flag beach close to the mouth of the harbour.