Located in Hope Cove
Sea Holly is a single-storey cottage located on the outskirts of Hope Cove, Devon, and sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms and is pet-friendly.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Sea Holly is one of a cluster of popular holiday cottages and sits in an outstanding headland position with far-reaching views across the sea, over the golden stretches of Thurlestone Sands, to the village of Thurlestone itself and on towards Burgh Island. Conveniently located between Hope Cove and Thurlestone Sands, Sea Holly is tastefully furnished and boasts a superb communal indoor swimming pool, available to guests all year round. Bright and well-equipped, this ground floor cottage also has its own private and fully enclosed patio area with a superb outlook towards Burgh Island.
The South West coastal path is only a short walk away and the properties are ideal for couples or families of all ages. Walkers, windsurfers, dog owners, divers, golfers and children will revel in this marvellous location at any time of the year. The small group of properties, which are individually owned, consist of four terraced cottages. They all provide excellent accommodation, are furnished to the highest standard including modern well-equipped kitchens, double glazing, oil-fired central heating, luxurious linen and towels. All the properties have spectacular views and enjoy the communal use of an indoor heated swimming pool, games room and lawned garden.
- Modern heated swimming pool, 22ft long and 4ft deep. Open all year.
- Sauna, changing room, WC and poolside shower.
- Games Room with an extensive library of books, family games, a pool table, a large selection of toddlers' toys and digital TV with Freeview.
- Shared coin-operated laundry facilities in the games room building for Sea Campion, Sea Holly and Sea Lavender.
- Watersports hire and tuition available on Thurlestone beach.
Door into the comfortable living room with two large sofas and dining table to seat 4, Smart TV, Wifi. The well-equipped kitchen has a fitted electric hob and oven, fridge with ice compartment, microwave and dishwasher.
Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with 4ft 6in bed
Bedroom 2: Twin room with two 2ft 6in single beds.
Shower room with power shower, basin and WC.
A fenced patio lies to the front of the cottage, furnished with a garden table and chairs from Easter to the end of September (weather permitting). The communal lawned garden beyond with spectacular views, and use of the indoor heated swimming pool and games room.
Designated parking for 2 cars on a gravel parking area close to the cottage.
Please note that this property does not have suitable facilities for charging electric vehicles.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (please bring your own beach towels), cot & high chair (not cot linen) central heating and electricity.
- Pets: One medium (up to the size of a cocker spaniel) well-behaved dog permitted. Pet Charge: £30.00 per pet per week
- Telephone: Telephone for incoming and outgoing local calls. Mobile reception is reasonable, and good in places. Wifi available.
- Local facilities: Beach: Thurlestone, 500 metres.
- The Beach House restaurant and cafe 500 metres.
- Pub, restaurants and shop: In Hope Cove, 15-minute walk by coastal path (1.5 miles by car).
- Hotel, pub, shop and golf course: In Thurlestone, 1.5 miles by foot (3 miles by car).
Lying on the coast of the popular South Hams area of Devon, Hope Cove consists of two sandy bays called Inner and Outer Hope. The perfect destination for families looking for a traditional beach holiday with paddling, swimming, sand castles and rock pooling. The beaches have red sandstone cliffs to the rear which provide not only a beautiful backdrop but a shady area if needed. Both beaches back onto the charming village where there are plenty of places to eat out as well as shops for those last-minute beach needs. The more popular Mouthwell Sands beach also benefits from a seasonal lifeguard service and dogs are allowed between October and April. The village beach is pet-friendly all year round but must be kept on a lead.
Hugely popular, especially with families, we have a great selection of Hope Cove cottages but we would advise booking early as this area fills up fast.