Rose Cottage At Fairview
Located in Ilfracombe, Devon
Charming cottage, perfectly situated to explore all that North Devon has to offer. Within easy reach of the golden sandy beach of Woolacombe as well as the popular fishing village of Ilfracombe.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
This delightful property is located in the North Devon countryside and provides an idyllic country retreat, yet within a short car journey from beautiful Woolacombe beach which is renowned for its three-mile stretch of golden sand, facilities and lifeguards that ensure safe family swimming during the summer months. Further afield, you have the picturesque villages of Saunton, Croyde and Braunton known for their sandy beaches and some of the best surf this country has to offer. During your stay, a visit to Ilfracombe Harbour is a must, boasting an array of cafes, shops and restaurants along the water’s edge as well as a dog-friendly beach.
As you enter this delightful cottage, you are greeted by the open plan lounge/diner. The lounge area is the perfect space to sit back and relax with a good book or enjoy a movie or two on the TV/DVD. The dining area offers seating for up to four guests, so you can enjoy a hearty meal after a long day of exploring. Following on through the property you have the kitchen area, which offers a gas oven and hob, fridge/freezer and microwave. Also available for guest use is a shared washing machine and tumble dryer which is located in the laundry room on the grounds. Heading on up the stairs from the lounge/dining area you will find bedrooms, one double with countryside views and a light and airy twin zip and link (which can be made into as a super king-size on request). You will also find the shower room here, which offers a shower and WC.
Venture outside and you will find a garden area with lawn, garden furniture and gas BBQ. Also feel free to enjoy beautiful walks within the owners 12 acres of land, boasting stunning views of the North Devon rolling countryside. Guests are able to make use of the shared on-site tennis court and games room with football table, pool table, darts board and more. There is allocated off road parking for two cars.
- An idyllic rural retreat set amongst 12 acres of rolling countryside with games room, tennis court and garden
- Woolacombe beach renowned for its golden sands and the picturesque village of Ilfracombe with a pretty harbour, cafes, restaurants, arcades, boat trips, fishing and pubs are within easy reach
- Perfectly situated to enjoy the best of North Devon and within easy reach of sandy beaches like Croyde and Saunton, Exmoor National Park, The South West Coastal Path, Arlington Court, Watermouth Castle, Combe Martin Wildlife Park, Exmoor Zoo and the famous cobbled streets of Clovelly
- Due to the current situation, the games room advertised at this property will be closed
- The tennis court will remain open where social distancing rules can be adhered to, rackets and balls are not provided
- 2 Bedrooms 1 double and 1 twin zip and link (which can be made into a super king on request)
- 1 Shower room
- Shared tennis court and games room
- Enclosed garden
- Gas oven and hob, microwave and fridge/freezer
- Shared washing machine and tumble dryer available
- Electric and central heating included
- Bed linen and towels included
- Off-road parking for two cars
- Wi-Fi included
- 2 Dogs welcome
- Beach 3 miles, shops 1 mile and pub 1 mile
- TV/DVD in lounge
- Gas BBQ available
- Adjoined to the owner's home
Ilfracombe is a picturesque harbour town on the North Devon coast with a reputation as being the culinary and cultural hub of the area. With the 20m high Damien Hirst sculpture Verity overlooking the water (Ilfracombe is Hirst's home town) and a collection of local galleries featuring both local and international artists. There are plenty of great restaurants to try in Fore Street and around the Harbour serving locally sourced food and catering for all tastes and budgets. Booking ahead is recommended especially for restaurants such as The Olive Room.
Lots to do and see in the area including the Tunnels Beaches, Watermouth Family Theme Park and Castle with a great mix of children's activities that appeal to all ages or take a tour of haunted Chambercombe Manor. Visit the award-winning Aquarium to take in a fascinating insight into the marine life of the area or discover the history of the area at Ilfracombe Museum. The scenery is stunning and can be enjoyed along the South West Coast Path with views across the Bristol Channel.