Rexon Coach House
Located in Lifton, Devon
Spacious former coach house, a perfect rural retreat for those who wish to enjoy the peace and seclusion of the area yet its central location makes an ideal base for exploring both Devon and Cornwall.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Nestled in the beautiful River Wolf valley close to Roadford Lake and working farmland, the property is off a quiet country lane on the Devon/Cornwall border. This former coach house has been well renovated offering spacious, comfortable accommodation and makes a perfect rural retreat for those who wish to enjoy the peace and seclusion of the area for a romantic break.
The central location makes the property an ideal base for exploring both Devon and Cornwall where you will have a choice of beaches and coastal walks to the North and South as well as attractions to suit all tastes. These include Bodmin Moor, Dartmoor with its rugged scenery (20 minutes), Lydford Gorge, the Eden Project (40 minutes), Lost Gardens of Heligan, Morwellham Quay and RHS Rosemoor. Plymouth and Exeter are easily accessible, as is Launceston, with its castle, the ancient capital of Cornwall. Golf, cycle paths and riding can be found locally and fishing, sailing and other activities can be found at nearby Roadford Lake.
This spacious accommodation offers ONE large and spacious bedroom: with a king-size bed on the first floor and en-suite bathroom with shower over bath and WC. Downstairs extra WC. Lounge/diner: with woodburner effect electric fire, TV/DVD/MP3 docking station. Kitchen: modern with slate flooring, well-equipped with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer. Outside: enjoy the private, secluded garden with seating and BBQ. Amenities: parking for 1 car. Bed linen, towels, electric and Wi-Fi included. Combination storage and electric heating. Regret no smoking in the property or on the grounds. Regret no pets. Additional info: regret no children or babies, please note due to the rural location of the property Wi-Fi can be intermittent, selection of homemade goodies on arrival, seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables available to purchase from owner’s garden, supermarket home delivery service available, secure storage for bikes available upon request. Location: beach 20 miles, farm shop with restaurant 5 miles and pub 2 miles.
- Private garden to enjoy al fresco dining and quiet time
- Explore the choices of beaches and coastal walks to the North and South
- An array of National Trust properties to be discovered
- The central location makes the property an ideal base for exploring both Devon and Cornwall
- One large and spacious bedroom
- King size bed on the first floor and en suite bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Downstairs extra WC
- Lounge/diner: with wood burner effect electric fire
- TV/DVD/MP3 docking station
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer
- Outside: enjoy the private, secluded garden with seating and BBQ
- Parking for 1 car
- Electric and electric and storage heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- Regret no smoking in the property or on the grounds
- Regret no pets
- Regret no children or babies
- Please note due to the rural location of the property Wi-Fi can be intermittent
- A selection of homemade goodies on arrival, seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables available to purchase from the owner's garden
- Supermarket home delivery service available
- Secure storage for bikes available upon request
- Beach 20 miles
- Farm shop with restaurant 5 miles
- Pub 2 miles
Lifton is a village in West Devon close to the border of Cornwall just north of the Tamar Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and just a few miles west of Dartmoor National Park. Lifton has the popular Strawberry Fields Farm Shop and Restaurant with several other eating options available in the surrounding villages. One of the major attractions of the area is the unusual Dingles Fairground Heritage Centre, home to the National Fairground Collection, capturing the magic of vintage rides through exhibits, displays and historic rides all of which is inside covering a huge 45,000 square feet. The countryside is stunning, popular with walkers and cyclists, both the Tamar Valley and Dartmoor are a short drive away.