Located in Appledore, Devon
Prospect House is located in Appledore, Devon, and sleeps up to 7 guests in 4 bedrooms and is pet-friendly.
- Sleeps: 7
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 3
This superb property with accommodation over three floors offers the perfect family getaway, providing comfort and quality for larger groups as well as having a good size garden which is a rarity in Appledore. You will be a short walk from the quayside with an array of excellent pubs, restaurants, shops, and cafes whilst further hidden gems can be found through a myriad of narrow streets. Enjoy the maritime museum which showcases the village and its maritime heritage. Across the river is Instow which can be reached via the seasonal passenger ferry or a 5-mile drive. Here you’ll find sand dunes, an estuary beach, pubs, plus a lovely deli/café. The port town of Bideford is just 2 miles with a range of independent shops and eateries. Westward Ho! (2 miles) offers a sandy beach, tidal pool, amusements and eclectic cafes and restaurants. The theme parks of The BIG Sheep and The Milky Way are within 11 miles.
Stepping into this substantial house and into the entrance hall, a comfortable and stylish lounge can be found on your left with a leather chesterfield corner sofa and chairs, a feature fireplace with gas fire, Smart TV with a sound bar and a DVD player. To your right is the dining room featuring a fireplace with an open fire. The dining room leads through to the kitchen, superbly fitted and well-equipped along with an island unit with seating for 2 people and a wall-mounted Smart TV, providing a great spot for morning coffee or a quick snack. There is also a bespoke space for the dog basket. Adjacent to the kitchen area is a utility room and a separate WC. Heading upstairs to the first floor there are three bedrooms: a super-king-size zip-and-link with TV (which can be made up as a twin on request at time of booking), a double and a single. The family bathroom completes the first floor. Take the stairs to the second floor where you can find a super-king-size in the eaves of the building with Velux windows allowing you to enjoy the starry nights in the evening, this bedroom also benefits from a Smart TV and an en-suite shower room.
Outside from the kitchen, steps lead up to an enclosed lawned garden with garden furniture, shed, and a charcoal BBQ. An outside tap and hose allow for the washing of sandy toes and muddy paws.
- A fabulous family home in the coastal village of Appledore, superbly presented throughout offering luxurious coastal style living
- A short stroll into Appledore with bustling quayside, shops, pubs, cafes, galleries and restaurants
- Enjoy the peace in the raised and enclosed garden or explore the sandy beaches within 5 miles
- 4 bedrooms 1 super king size, 1 super king zip and link (which can be made into a twin on request at the time of booking), 1 double and 1 single
- 2 bathrooms 1 bathroom with bath, separate shower and WC, 1 en suite shower room and WC and 1 separate WC
- Electric oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave and American-style fridge/freezer
- Smart TV in the lounge
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble drier
- Travel cot, highchair, and stairgates are available upon request
- Smart TVs in the lounge, super king-size bedroom and kitchen
- Open fire (first basket of logs included) On street parking (subject to availability), public car parks within walking distance (charges apply)
- Beach 2 miles, pubs, shops, and restaurants within walking distance
Appledore is a small fishing village in North Devon. The village celebrates its local artists. The village is full of narrow streets, many of them cobbled. Here you that will find a lot of arts and crafts shops showcasing their work. A variety of pubs and restaurants offer a large range of local seafood. The village is has a privately owned shipyard that employs a lot of the locals. The quay is often occupied by local shipping vessels and yachts. Cruises are available to go up and down the estuary. A ferry takes passengers to the pretty village of Instow which has a sheltered Sandy beach and pier. A short walk away, along the river is Bideford Bay and Westward Ho. The nearest town is Barnstaple 21 minutes away.