Located in Holsworthy, Devon
Primrose Cottage is a stylish, spacious cottage set within a 40-acre country estate with fishing lakes, is pet friendly, with outstanding rural views and can sleep eight people in four bedrooms
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
Primrose Cottage in leafy Mid Devon, offers stylish and spacious accommodation. This lovely conversion once the original barn benefits from excellent on-site facilities including 7 fishing lakes, a clubhouse with bar & restaurant, a small shop, children’s play park and animals to see. The property sleeps eight people in four bedrooms, one with an en-suite, there is also a family shower room. The living area is open plan with a smart sitting area, comfy sofas, dining area with table and chairs for six and a neat kitchen. Outside is a private decked area with a picnic bench with excellent views, as well as off-road parking. With many excellent facilities, Primrose Cottage is ideal for families or friends seeking relaxation in a countryside location or those seeking a spot of fishing.
Primrose Cottage, looking toward Kitchen lake and the countryside beyond has been converted from part of the original barn at the Kingslakes estate.
Inside you’ll find spacious, welcoming accommodation with an open plan living area, with a bright sitting area with glazed doors to a raised deck – perfect for enjoying the views.
There’s also a dining area with a table and chairs for six and a neat fitted kitchen.
The cottage sleeps eight guests in four bedrooms, a twin with en-suite and a double on the ground floor, and a further twin and double on the first floor with long rural views, these share a family bathroom.
Outside you are welcome to explore the 40 acres of grounds and all of the many facilities that Kingslakes has to offer.
- Over two floors
- Four bedrooms
- Ground floor: 1 x twin with en-suite shower room, 1 x double
- First floor: 1 x double, 1 x twin
- Shower room with shower cubicle, WC and basin
- Open-plan living area with sitting area, dining area and kitchen
- Biomass central heating
- Gas oven and hob, fridge, freezer, microwave
- TV with Freeview & Blu Ray, WiFi available in the clubhouse, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power included in rent
- Bed linen and towels included in rent
- Cot & highchair are available on request
- Off-road parking
- Decked outdoor area with furniture
- Shared use of laundry with washing machines and tumble dryers (coin-operated), fishing lake, games room and children's play area
- Two well-behaved pets welcome, £25 per pet, per week
- Fishing £25 per person per week (16 & over)
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and restaurant on-site
- Note: There are a number of lakes at this property, children should be supervised
- Note: Electric mobility scooter available to hire
- Wheelchair friendly access to three lakes plus an accessible children’s play area
- lease note that the roads and paths on site are gravelled
Kingslakes Holiday Cottages
Set between moors and coast in Mid Devon’s beautiful river country, Kingslakes offers a collection of cosy cottages and stylish lodges at this friendly, family-owned development. Comprising forty acres, seven excellent fishing lakes, a children’s play area and home to a host of friendly animals, including alpacas, donkeys, goats and rabbits that you are welcome to visit. There's also a smart clubhouse with a bar, restaurant and games room making Kingslakes a brilliant base from which to explore this tranquil area. Home to ten traditional cottages, including two fully accessible cottages and six smart detached lodges, set away from it all in a quiet, secluded location, Kingslakes offer a variety of excellent accommodations. All are very well equipped with everything you’ll need and furnished with all the comforts of home to ensure a comfortable stay. For those seeking adventure, there’s plenty to choose from nearby including horse-riding, cycling or sailing at Roadford Lake. Don your walking boots and explore wild and rugged Dartmoor followed by a hearty lunch in one of many excellent country pubs. Or for a more sedate turn of pace spend a day at RHS Rosemoor, a haven for gardeners, or at one of North Cornwall’s golden sandy beaches. However you choose to spend your days, you're assured a warm and welcoming stay at Kingslakes.
Holsworthy is a market town set in stunning countryside amidst rolling hills. Every Wednesday they hold the popular Pannier Market which dates all the way back to the 12th century. The Holsworthy Museum features displays and information on rural life in days gone by. A variety of shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants can be found around the square.
Holsworthy is the ideal base for exploring Devon. As a base, it offers the peace and tranquillity of the countryside but you also have easy access to the Hartland Peninsula, the sandy beaches of Bude and Widemouth Bay, Dartmoor is within an easy drive as is the Tamar Valley.
We have a great amount of Holsworthy Holiday Cottages to choose from including many that are pet-friendly to take advantage of the excellent walks in the area.