Located in Bere Alston, Devon
This property, which was once an old apple store, has been lovingly refurbished to the highest of standards throughout offering a unique retreat for families and friends all year round.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: No
On the edge of the River Tamar, this unique retreat has it all; breathtaking views into Cornwall; peace and tranquillity; days out for all the family; lovely walks straight from your doorstep and many local amenities within a short car journey including Tamar Trails, where you can follow the cycling trails, paddle a canoe or try out tree surfing. After a day of exploring, take the 20-minute walk along the creekside, to the local pub in Bere Ferrers renowned for its home-cooked fresh food and live music. Attractions in the area include Pennywell Farm, Morwellham Quay and The Eden Project. For those who want to just kick back and relax, there are an array of stunning beaches, including Bude, Looe and Polperro, all within an hour or more drive. As you arrive at this delightful upside down house the front door is situated on the first floor and accessed via the exterior staircase. At the top of the steps, storage is provided for your boots.
On entering the property, you are greeted by the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner. To your right is the smart kitchen area which boasts granite red work tops, electric oven, gas hob, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. To your left is the very useful wet room with shower and WC. Next door is the utility room with basin and washing machine. Following on through the property you enter the sitting room/dining area, with a fireplace with wood burner, TV/DVD and a set of double doors which lead out onto the balcony. You can sit back in the comfort of the sitting room and enjoy the spectacular ever changing views across the Tamar into Cornwall.
Leading off the end of this area is the staircase, located next to the dining area are the following two en suite bedrooms. The first is a twin bedroom with TV, en suite bathroom with separate shower and WC. The second is a double bedroom with TV, en suite shower room and WC.
Outside the property guests can enjoy the balcony area with garden furniture, allowing you to dine with a view. The balcony can be accessed via the sitting room. There is also a large tiered garden which is located to the left of the property. Off road parking is available for two cars, guests are welcome to park outside the property when unloading but are asked to park their cars in the parking area during their stay. The owners of this property live within the grounds just behind the cottage and have shared access of the driveway, however guests privacy is assured as once inside the property you are not overlooked.
- A beautiful detached house set on the foreshore of the River Tamar with views into Cornwall throughout
- Explore the area on foot or by pedal as the Tamar cycle trail is situated within a 10-minute drive from the property
- Situated in a perfect location to explore both the stunning beaches of Bude and Looe on the coast or Dartmoor National Park
- Within a short car journey is Adrenalin Quarry offering a really exciting way to have some fun with the kids
- An array of coffee shops, pubs and restaurants in the nearby town of Tavistock
- Perfectly situated to explore all that Cornwall and South Devon have to offer
- 2 bedrooms
- 1 double and 1 twin all with TV's
- 1 en suite bathroom with bath, separate shower and WC
- 1 en suite shower room with WC
- 1 wet room with WC
- 4 people plus 1 infant only
- Electric oven and gas hob, fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher
- Utility room with basin and washer/dryer
- TV/DVD in sitting room
- Woodburner in sitting room (first basket of logs included between mid October mid March), further baskets of wood at a charge from the owners
- Electric and central heating included
- Please note that the Woodburner is not in use in the downstairs double room
- Bed linen and towels included
- Security deposit of 250 is required only for Christmas and New Year bookings
- Off road parking for 2 cars, 3 cars with prior permission
- Additional vehicles can be arranged (extra charge)
- Wi Fi included (suitable for browsing and emails)
- Beach 13 miles
- Pub, shop and station 20 minute walk along the Creekside
- Local shop is only open on Saturdays
- The cottage sits within a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), therefore regret no use of fireworks or Chinese lanterns on or around the premises
- This is a non smoking property
- Arrival 4pm
Bere Alston is a village near Yelverton. It has a shop, cafe, post office and a pub offering home-cooked food and local ales. There are a variety of walks to explore. There are popular walks along the River Tamar, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Visit The National Trust Buckland Abbey, explore the Grade one listed Abbey, walk around the extensive gardens and relax with refreshments from the cafe. Explore Burrator Reservoir, a dog-friendly walkers paradise in Dartmoor with stunning scenery. Bere Alston is an ideal base to explore all that Devon has to offer.