Located in Broadwoodkelly, Devon
Pheasant's Roost was originally built as a barn, but has been tastefully converted to offer accommodation for groups of up to seven people.
- Sleeps: 7
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 3
Pheasant’s Roost is a detached barn conversion set amid 13 acres of fields and landscaped grounds, on the outskirts of Broadwoodkelly, 3 miles from Winkleigh. The cottage sleeps seven people in two bedrooms which are made up of a family room with double bed, single bed, double futon sofa bed and mezzanine level overlooking living area and a ground floor double with en-suite. To the rear is a private patio, perfect for a spot of al fresco dining in the hazy summer months. Pheasant’s Roost is a charming retreat for large families or a group of friends.
A lovely, detached barn conversion set amid 13 acres of fields and landscaped grounds, on the outskirts of Broadwoodkelly, 3 miles from Winkleigh. Restored to a high standard, the property boasts an airy sitting room with wood burner, a spacious master bedroom with mezzanine area, many exposed beams and areas of exposed stonework, and a decked patio with views over a small private lake and acres of woodland and rolling fields. Wander down to the wooden jetty, stroll through the meadows or talk to the horses in the adjacent paddock. With miles of country lanes and the heather tors of Dartmoor to explore, fabulous fishing within 10 miles and the North Devon Coast just an hour away, there's plenty to see and do in this seductively beautiful area.
- Electric convector heaters with a wood burner in the sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, washing machine and tumble dryer in the communal utility room, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, WiFi, TV, DVD
- All fuel and power inc in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Private decked patio with garden furniture
- Shared use of the main garden with lake and garden furniture
- Shared heated indoor swimming pool (available 10am - 6pm and at other times by arrangements)
- Well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Pubs and shop 3 miles
- Note: Due to the mezzanine level and unfenced lake, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: This property sleeps a maximum of 4 adults and 3 children
- Note: Water supply is from a borehole
Broadwoodkelly is a typical and unspoilt Devon village. Its history can be traced back to an entry in the Domesday Book and it was the site of many historic events during the Wars of the Roses. In the village-centre is a Grade I-listed church that dates back to the 13th Century, with a 15th Century nave. Interesting features of this church include the wagon roof in the porch and another in the nave. The organ that is still used today originally came from Westminster Abbey in 1873. Just down the road is the larger neighbouring village of Winkleigh, which also remains unspoilt and also has some interesting history to be discovered; just outside the village is a now-disused World War II airfield, which played an important role in dropping secret agents behind enemy lines and other secret missions. The old runways and buildings are now only just visible. In addition, the area has a number of stately homes and National Trust properties to discover. The wild beauty of Dartmoor is a short drive away, as is the rugged Devon coastline.