Located in Bideford, Devon
This stunning contemporary home offers stylish accommodation in a desirable location within walking distance of the popular seaside town of Westward Ho!
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: No
Overlooking the Northam Burrows and the ocean beyond, this property offers plenty of seaside charm. Just a short stroll away you will find the popular seaside town of Westward Ho! and its many amenities, including independent shops, restaurants and pubs. Golfing enthusiasts can walk to the Royal North Devon Golf Club, which is adjacent to the property and offers guests use of the bar, restaurant and the pitch and putt. On a calm day, take a boat trip to the peaceful island of Lundy, which lies 12 miles off the coast and is home to large colonies of puffins and seals.
This property has been arranged with a reverse-level layout to make the most of the stunning sea views from the main reception rooms. On the ground floor, there is a king-size bedroom with en-suite shower and WC, one further king-size bedroom with en-suite shower room with zip-and-link beds (which can be made into a twin bedroom on request prior to arrival), plus one twin bedroom with zip-and-link beds, (which can be made into super-king on request prior to arrival). The king-size bedrooms enjoy access to the garden through French doors and have been decorated with stylish soft furnishings that reflect the coastal location of the property. Also on this floor is a contemporary bathroom with a handheld shower attachment and WC. Upstairs the impressive lounge/kitchen/diner boasts slanted ceilings, skylights, stylish mid-century furniture and a wood burner in the centre, perfect for cosy evenings in. Prepare your meals in the contemporary kitchen area that features an electric oven and hob, microwave, large fridge, separate under counter freezer and dishwasher, while a separate utility room houses the washing machine and tumble dryer. Dine at the table nearby or, if you’d prefer to eat al fresco, step out onto the balcony where there is a table and chairs. After you have finished your meals, relax in the chic lounge area and make the most of the TV/DVD.
Outside, there is an enclosed private garden bordered by well-stocked beds. While half of the garden is laid to lawn, the other half is a stylish patio area with comfortable garden furniture and a BBQ, the perfect way to spend a long sunny afternoon. There is also a charming beach hut for storing wetsuits, sandy boots and also provides a small selection of beach essentials for use on your holiday (Please note – due to the current situation surrounding covid-19 this beach hut is not available for use.)
- Beautifully decorated contemporary holiday home with stylish interior throughout
- Within walking distance to the popular seaside town of Westward Ho!
- Stunning views from the balcony over the Northam Burrows to the sea beyond
- Close to a range of pubs, restaurants and shops
- Within easy reach of the South West Coast Path providing fantastic walks and views
- Other nearby attractions include Appledore, Clovelly, Instow and Hartland Abbey3 bedrooms 1 king-size, 1 king-size (which can be twin upon request) and 1 twin with zip and link beds (which can be king-size on request)
- 2 en suite shower rooms and 1 bathroom with handheld shower attachment and WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, large fridge, separate freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer TV/DVD
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Enclosed private garden with furniture and BBQ
- Balcony on the first floor with table and chairs
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Wi-Fi included
- Regret no pets
- Beach, shops and pubs within walking distance
- Beach hut for storing wet clothes due to the current situation surrounding covid 19 this beach hut is not available for use
The historic maritime town of Bideford lies on the River Torridge on the North Devon Coast and makes for an excellent base to explore this area of Devon. With a great selection of shops, cafés, pubs, tea rooms and restaurants you won't need to leave the town for anything but there is so much to see and do in the area you will surely want to. Just a couple of miles away is Westward Ho!, with 2 miles of spectacular coastline and a Blue Flag awarded sandy beach. Just sit and enjoy the views or perhaps make a sandcastle or partake in one of the many water-based activities on offer including surfing. The walking is especially good around here with both the South West Coast Path and the Tarka Trail within easy reach. North Burrows Country Park provides 253 hectares of diverse landscapes to enjoy while the award-winning Big Sheep all-weather family attraction and the Ultimate Adventure Centre are just 1 mile away. In summary, this area offers so much for all ages with breathtaking scenery thrown in for free!