Located in Brixham, Devon
Three storey holiday cottage with a homely feel and original features retained, located just a few hundred metres from the bustling harbour town of Brixham, with its shops, restaurants, and beaches.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
Located in the popular English Riviera town of Brixham, just a short walk from the town’s harbour. The town has a long-standing maritime history and the harbour remains the heart of the town, offering visitors a choice of boat trips, from relaxing tours of Torbay, accompanied fishing trips, and a regular service across the bay to the resort towns of Torquay or Paignton. There is plenty to see and do, from beaches to restaurants, to scuba and even a fascinating replica of Sir Francis Drake’s ship The Golden Hind. Further afield, the towns of Paignton and Torquay are also popular destinations with visitors, and other attractions such as golden sandy beaches, a zoo, an aquarium, and a wonderful steam railway which runs through the Dart Valley.
As you enter this delightful three-story coastal retreat, you have plenty of space to leave those coats and walking boots behind and will find the lounge on your left. The lounge with the original feature fireplace is the perfect place for relaxing, snuggle up with your favourite book or watch a film or two with all the family on the Smart TV with an integral DVD player. Following on through the property you have the spacious kitchen/dining area. The kitchen comprises of an electric range oven and gas hob, combi microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. To the rear of the kitchen is a small utility area with additional storage space, should you need it and the fridge/freezer. From the kitchen, there is access up a set of steep steps to the enclosed rear terraced garden.
Heading up to the first floor you have two bedrooms, one very spacious twin room and one bunk bedroom. You will also find the bathroom here with a shower over bath and WC. Following the staircase up to the second floor, you will find the master suite, boasting a double bed, TV and en-suite shower room with WC.
Venture outside to the rear garden area, the raised terrace accessed by steep steps offers garden furniture those al fresco meals or just enjoying catching the afternoon sunshine.
- Traditional cottage set over three floors offering private garden area for guests to relax
- Easy access to Brixham harbour, town, coastal walks, beaches and Berry Head
- The property is within easy reach of the attractions of Torbay, Dartmouth, River Dart and Paignton Zoo
- 3 bedrooms
- 1 double bedroom with a TV with an en suite shower room
- 1 spacious twin room with a TV plus a Zip Bed for a 7th person (additional linen cost)
- 1 bunk bedroom
- 1 main bathroom, shower over the bath and WC
- Electric range oven and gas hob, combi microwave, dishwasher, Fridge/Freezer and washing machine
- Electric and central heating included
- Welcome pack
- Stairgates provided
- Bed linen and towels included
- Roadside parking in the nearby road (subject to availability), alternative a parking permit can be purchased from the local council to use in the local car parks
- Wi-Fi included
- Smart TV in the lounge
- Regrets no pets
- Beach, harbour, pubs and shops within walking distance
- Please note the advertised highchair is a portable booster seat
Brixham is a beautiful harbourside town on the South Devon coast on the English Riviera. Brixham has a rich maritime history and a full-size replica of the Golden Hind can be found in the Inner Harbour. A short walk further on takes you to the Brixham Battery Heritage Centre with magnificent panoramic views across the bay or find out more at the Brixham Heritage Museum.
There are regular ferry trips to Paignton and Torquay or you can book a wildlife sea-fari or a fishing trip. The area is great for learning to sail which can be done at the Torbay Sea School or crew the 78-foot heritage sailing ketch for a morning, afternoon or evening sailing trip. There are a number of festivals throughout the year including the popular Pirate Festival which attracts thousands of visitors. For relaxation, it is hard to beat Breakwater Beach, an award-winning Blue Flag beach close to the mouth of the harbour.