Located in Tiverton, Devon
This former cider barn is set in acres of beautiful riverside meadows and woodland. With a large enclosed garden and walks down to the River Exe this is an ideal base to explore all Devon has to offer.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 3
Set in 38 acres of beautiful riverside meadows and woodland, attached to the owner’s 15th Century thatched cottage, privacy is assured throughout your stay and is a great base from which to explore the beauty of Devon. As soon as you arrive you begin to relax and experience a slower pace of life. Visit the nearby pretty villages such as Bickleigh, which has the River Exe meandering through it, or the popular Mill that offers boutique shopping and artisan foods. The distinctive dark red soil, typical in this area, makes it a scenic setting ideal for walking and exploring. Nearby is the town of Tiverton, which has a pretty canal offering boats for hire. Further afield is the city of Exeter, with its huge variety of shops and restaurants. Devon is fortunate to have many National trust properties which can be visited during your stay.
Step inside and find yourself in the entrance hall, a perfect place to store shoes and hang coats after a brisk walk. First, you’ll find the open-plan lounge/diner with a comfy sofa. You can sit and relax after a busy day and watch your favourite film on the Smart TV in front of the warming wood burner along with a dining table to seat everyone. The kitchen is well-equipped with everything you need to whip up a family meal with an electric oven and hob, microwave, American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer along with a DAB raido to listen to your favourite tunes. Also, on the ground floor is the first of the two bedrooms a super-king-size zip-and-link (which can be made into a twin on request) along with a bathroom with shower over bath and WC. Head up to the first floor where you will find the second bedroom, a super-king-size zip-and-link (which can be made into a twin on request) with an en-suite WC and sink. This is a character property with original features with some low beams and sloping ceilings.
Heading outside, your children and four-legged friends will be in their element, with a large enclosed lawn area with garden furniture for you to sit and relax with a glass of wine or dine alfresco on the charcoal BBQ. Just 100 yards from the garden are the banks of the River Exe, the perfect place to walk the dogs or let the children build dens in the wood. There is private off-road parking for two cars available. Please take care by the river as the water is deep and can be fast flowing.
- Wonderful property set in 38 acres of beautiful riverside meadows and woodland which can be explored at leisure
- Fabulous countryside views from the property along with a large enclosed garden, perfect for your four-legged friends
- An ideal setting for walking cycling, kayaking and wild swimming and all manner of countryside pursuits
- An abundance of wild birds can be seen near the cottage, around the grounds and in the woodland
- Slightly further afield is the city of Exeter with its huge variety of shops and restaurants
- 2 bedrooms super king-size zip and links (which can be made into twins on request)
- 1 bathroom and 1 en suite WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Electric, wood chip fired central and underfloor heating included
- Private off-road parking for 2 cars
- Wi-Fi included (can be intermittent)
- 3 dogs welcome
- Shop 4 miles and pub 3 miles
- Smart TV in the lounge and DAB radio in the kitchen
- Charcoal BBQ is available
- Please take care by the river as the water is deep and can be fast flowing
Tiverton is a very pretty town set on the banks of the Great Western Canal. The town is steeped in history and heritage. The town has an array of shops and a major supermarket. There are a pannier market and flea and street markets on most days. The town has a selection of pubs and restaurants catering for all tastes. If you want to explore the countryside by bike, whether it's electric or manual these can be hired. For a great family day out visit Crealy Theme Park that is 25 minutes away, or Diggerland in Cullompton 20 mins away. The historic Exeter quayside is well worth a visit.