Oak Cottage – Ettiford Farm
Located in Ilfracombe, Devon
A single storey barn conversion in the heart of the countryside amongst other cottages, this is perfect to explore both the coast and countryside of North Devon.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
This lovingly converted one-storey barn has been furnished to a high standard and offers open-plan accommodation perfect for a relaxing getaway. Although nestled into the countryside, Ilfracombe, which is a Victorian fishing town, is only 3 miles away. There is an array of shops, restaurants, pubs and tearooms to explore or take a trip on one of the local fishing excursions or sightseeing tours along the stunning coastline. The award-winning beach of Woolacombe is only 5 miles away and has 3 miles of sandy beach and is excellent for families and surfers. Venture a little further and within 9 miles you’ll discover Exmoor National Park with its dramatic moorland, woodland walks and Exmoor ponies. The cottages are also close to the Clay pigeon shoot for a wonderful day out (3 miles).
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Beautifully appointed character property perfectly positioned for coast and countryside
- Lovingly fitted and furnished, boasting an array of original features
- Plenty of space for your four-legged friend and children to explore
- 2 bedrooms 1 double and 1 twin
- 1 family bathroom with bath, separate shower and WC
- Electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and washer/dryer
- Welcome pack
- Smart TV/DVD player in the lounge
- Wi-Fi included
- Outdoor area with furniture and gas BBQ
- Shared games room for all three cottages on the complex
- Freedom to roam the owner s farmland and adjacent woodland
- Parking for two cars in the farmyard
- Beach and shops 3 miles, pub 2 miles
Ilfracombe is a picturesque harbour town on the North Devon coast with a reputation as being the culinary and cultural hub of the area. With the 20m high Damien Hirst sculpture Verity overlooking the water (Ilfracombe is Hirst's home town) and a collection of local galleries featuring both local and international artists. There are plenty of great restaurants to try in Fore Street and around the Harbour serving locally sourced food and catering for all tastes and budgets. Booking ahead is recommended especially for restaurants such as The Olive Room.
Lots to do and see in the area including the Tunnels Beaches, Watermouth Family Theme Park and Castle with a great mix of children's activities that appeal to all ages or take a tour of haunted Chambercombe Manor. Visit the award-winning Aquarium to take in a fascinating insight into the marine life of the area or discover the history of the area at Ilfracombe Museum. The scenery is stunning and can be enjoyed along the South West Coast Path with views across the Bristol Channel.