Mill Bridge House
Located in Barnstaple, Devon
Delightful detached property is set in the popular village of Landkey, and is a short drive from the North Devon coast and beautiful beaches, and provides a great base for families and couples alike.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 3
The immediate area offers some superb walking with a network of footpaths straight from the village, or alternatively a little further afield Exmoor National Park, the South West Coast Path and Tarka Trail (cycle hire is available in Barnstaple) all wait to be enjoyed. Beach lovers are also well catered for with Saunton, Croyde, Woolacombe and Westward Ho! a short drive away, and the pretty coastal villages at Hartland and Clovelly are also well worth a visit. The nearby town of Barnstaple offers an array of amenities including the characterful Pannier Market, and at Bideford, you can jump on the Oldenburg and enjoy a day trip to Lundy Island. Other attractions accessible from here include nearby Bableigh Riding Stables, The Big Sheep, The Milky Way, Tapeley Park, Arlington Court and Dartington Crystal.
As you enter the property the first room that you will find is a lovely bright lounge and here cosy leather sofas sit in front of a TV with DVD, wood burner, and French doors leading to a pretty conservatory with garden views. The next room is a well-equipped kitchen with an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer, and from here you step into the spacious dining room, also with a TV and DVD, and French doors to outside. There is also a separate WC on the ground floor. Heading up the stairs and onto the first floor, you will then find a great selection of bedrooms. There are two doubles, one with an en-suite shower, and two twin rooms. Finally, is a bathroom with a shower over a bath and WC.
Stepping outside, an expansive enclosed cottage garden waits to be enjoyed and this comprises a gently sloping lawn (approached via a couple of steps so please kindly be mindful of drop back down), fenced pond and leat, garden furniture and BBQ. Private off-road parking for up to four cars is available on the drive.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Detached holiday home with large garden with a number of walks straight from the doorstep
- Situated in a cosy village setting with pub, tea room, village store and post office all within easy walking distance
- Close proximity to the A39 makes it a great base for touring and walkers can enjoy nearby South West Coast Path and Exmoor Expansive sandy beaches at Saunton, Croyde and Woolacombe are a short drive away
- 4 bedrooms 2 double and 2 twins
- 1 bathroom, 1 en suite shower room and 1 separate WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Electric and central heating included
- Bed linen and towels included
- Private off-road parking for up to 4 cars
- Wi-Fi is available
- Regret no smoking
- 3 dogs welcome
- Beach 10 miles, pub and village shop within walking distance
- TV and DVD in lounge and dining room
- Arrival 3pm
Barnstaple is the largest town of North Devon, set on the River Taw, and dating back more than a thousand years. Steeped in history, you can still see parts of the original Norman castle and the 13th-century bridge and discover more in the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon. Today it is an important market town with a huge, enclosed Pannier Market that is open daily except Sundays with everything from fresh local produce to local artists work. So much to see and do in and around Barnstaple. Broomhill Sculpture Garden has 10 acres of wonderful grounds in which to discover over 300 sculptures by over 60 artists. Arlington Court is a Georgian mansion run by the National Trust with almost all rooms open to the public. Visit Saunton Sands with its huge beach or take a trip on the Tarka Line and see beautiful scenery all the way to Exeter on the Great Western Railway.