Marwood Garden Apartment
Located in Barnstaple, Devon
This elegant apartment overlooks stunning private gardens, covering some 20 acres with three lakes, and provides a haven in which to relax and enjoy plants, trees, woodland areas and glorious views.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
Guests staying at this lovely apartment can enjoy spectacular views of Marwood Hill Gardens, famous for housing the largest collection of Camellias in the country, or take tea in the popular tea room which offers light refreshments throughout the day. Away from this tranquil idyll, there is much to see and do in the nearby coastal villages and towns which include Braunton, Croyde, Woolacombe, Lynmouth, Lynton, Westward Ho! and Ilfracombe, all of which are within a 30-minute drive. Alternatively, you could make the journey on the MS Oldenburg to the beautiful Lundy Island. The National Trust property Arlington Court is just three miles away, and Knighthayes Court is a 45-minute drive.
On entering this single-level ground floor apartment you will find yourself in the spacious and attractive lounge/diner. The charming lounge offers fabulous views out across the stunning gardens, as well as a TV/DVD with Bluetooth soundbar and a traditional wood burner for you to snuggle in front of (first basket of logs included). The dining area is ideally situated with beautiful views. Moving over to the stylish kitchen you will find everything you may need including an electric oven and hob, washing machine, fridge/freezer and microwave. Exploring further you will find a cosy and comfortable bedroom: a zip-and-link king (which can be made into a twin on request) with iPod/iPhone docking station. You will also find a bathroom, complete with a shower over the bath, and WC.
Heading outside, you can enjoy free use of the extensive shared public gardens which is dog friendly. The gardens, tea room and plant shop are open to the public between March and the end of September. You can also order food from the tea room (menus available in the apartment). There is ample parking available.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- A beautiful ground floor apartment in a spectacular location
- An ideal idyllic romantic holiday for couples
- Perfect for a secluded, peaceful and relaxing holiday
- Enjoy gorgeous views overlooking 20 acres of stunning gardens
- 1 king zip and link (which can be made into a twin on request) bed with iPod dock
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Electric oven and hob, washing machine, fridge/freezer and microwave
- Bathroom with shower over bath, and WC
- Free use of the shared gardens open to the public and also dog friendly
- Ample parking
- Tumble dryer, electric, heating and Wi-Fi included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Visitors can order food from the onsite gardens/tea room (menus available in the apartment)
- Gardens/tea room and plant shop are open to the public from March to the end of September
- Welcome pack includes a selection of teas, milk bread and butter
- Beach (Braunton Burrows) 8½ miles, shops, pubs and restaurants in Barnstaple 5 miles
- Any property identified with increased accessibility may have different levels of provision, it is therefore advisable you contact us before you book to ensure the property meets your specific needs and requirements
Barnstaple is the largest town of North Devon, set on the River Taw, and dating back more than a thousand years. Steeped in history, you can still see parts of the original Norman castle and the 13th-century bridge and discover more in the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon. Today it is an important market town with a huge, enclosed Pannier Market that is open daily except Sundays with everything from fresh local produce to local artists work. So much to see and do in and around Barnstaple. Broomhill Sculpture Garden has 10 acres of wonderful grounds in which to discover over 300 sculptures by over 60 artists. Arlington Court is a Georgian mansion run by the National Trust with almost all rooms open to the public. Visit Saunton Sands with its huge beach or take a trip on the Tarka Line and see beautiful scenery all the way to Exeter on the Great Western Railway.