Located in Lynton, Devon
Nestled within three acres of gardens and stunning woodlands, this Victorian home is the perfect destination large groups of friends and family looking to unwind or enjoy a celebration of a lifetime.
- Sleeps: 22
- Bedrooms: 10
- Bathrooms: 9
- Pet Friendly: 5
Secluded within large gardens and woodland, the house has amazing sea views from most rooms. This property offers the best of both worlds by also being right in the heart of Lynton. Along with Lynmouth, where Exmoor meets the sea, the area is one of the most beautiful places in England, providing incredible scenery and walks in and around Exmoor National Park. The house is only a short stroll to all the area’s attractions such as the famous cliff railway which takes you to the picturesque harbour of Lynmouth, the Valley of the Rocks and the beautiful waterfalls at Watersmeet. There are many pubs, restaurants and shops close by as well as a number of wonderful beaches within walking distance. Alternatively, explore the North Devon Atlantic coastline and the golden sands of Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton Sands which are 30-40 minutes away by car. Local centres provide traditional country-based activities such as golf, fishing, tennis, horse riding and walking.
Retaining many of its original features, including a tiled entrance hall where you will find plenty of space to hang coats and store shoes after a busy day exploring. Just off the hallway, you will find two lounges. The first has comfy sofas, perfect for relaxing and you can light the multi-fuel stove and watch your favourite films on the TV/DVD. The second lounge also has an open fire with a TV/DVD/Xbox as well as a mini grand piano. Both lounges have french doors leading out onto a balcony providing wonderful views of the sea and local woodland. The dining room has an impressive table to seat everyone comfortably, and this is the perfect place to host a celebratory meal, which can be prepared in the well-equipped farmhouse style kitchen with an Electric aga, two electric ovens and separate hob, microwave, two large fridges, freezer and two dishwashers. There is also a separate utility room accessed from the outside with a washing machine and tumble dryer. Heading up the grand staircase to the first floor you will find the first two of the ten bedrooms. On this floor are two en-suite twin rooms, both of which can be made up as king-sized beds. On the second floor, you will find five further bedrooms. These include a four-poster king-sized bedroom (with en-suite), two further twin en-suites (which can be made up as king-sized beds), a double en-suite room, and a double room with a shower. On the third floor, you will find a king-size en-suite, a twin bedroom and a large en-suite family bedroom with a king-size bed and two singles.
Heading outside, you can enjoy the large enclosed garden with built-in BBQ on those warm summer evenings. There is a terraced area with garden furniture, a table tennis table and a further two seating areas with stunning panoramic sea views. Ample parking can be found in the large public car park just 300 metres from the property, which is accessed by a graduated sloping private footpath. Permits can be purchased with the owner prior to arrival or purchased from the local Post Office or a shop in the main street.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Large distinguished property perched just a short walk from the historic village of Lynton
- Great for large groups wanting a unique location for that special occasion
- Nestled within beautiful gardens and stunning natural woodland
- Within Exmoor National Park and is ideal for keen walkers
- 10 Bedrooms 2 twins, 2 twin zip and link (which can be made into a super-king-size on request) 1 four-poster, 2 doubles, 1 super-king-size, 1 king-size zip and link (Which can be made into a twin on request) and 1 family with double and separate twin beds
- 1 Bathroom, 2 en suite bathrooms and 6 en suite shower rooms
- Electric aga, two electric ovens and hobs, microwave, two large fridges, freezer and 2 dishwashers
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Game facilities ping pong table on the terrace
- 2 open coal fires (coal is provided)
- Electric and central heating included
- Ample parking is available in a public car park close to the property (a weekly pass can be purchased from the owner for 20 a week)
- Wi-Fi included
- Up to 5 Dogs welcome
- Shop, pub and beach within walking distance
- TV/DVD in both lounges
- Please note, access to the property is on foot via a graduated sloping path from the main public car park
- Due to the location of the property, parking is not available on-site
Lynton is a small coastal town in North Devon within Exmoor National Park really giving you the best of both countryside and coast all in one location. And what a location – breathtaking scenery and stunning coastal views in equally stunning Lynton Holiday Cottages. We have a diverse range of cottages available and if views are important to you then look no further.
Sometimes known as Little Switzerland, the town has a selection of shops, tea rooms, pubs and cafés. The Lyn and Exmoor Museum is full of local history and the steep Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway is a must-visit. The Valley of the Rocks is just one mile from Lynton and is unlike any other valley you will see on the north coast, created during the ice age and marvelled at by visitors ever since. There are numerous walks in the area, as you would expect, with every turn revealing more stunning countryside, coastal views, waterfalls or wildlife including red deer and wild ponies.