Little Barn Oakford
Located in , Devon
This little barn is set amongst beautiful riverside meadows and woodland. With an enclosed patio and steps down to a large garden and private hot tub, it's an idyllic hideaway for couples.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Set in an elevated position in the beautiful Devon countryside this little barn provides a private haven, a great base from which to explore. The tranquil location offers woodland, and country walks right from your doorstep. Bampton with its shops including a baker, butcher and fresh grocery store just five miles away, a little further is the Exmoor town of Dulverton. Knightshayes National Trust is a short drive, as it Bickleigh village with its thatched cottages and the River Exe meandering through it or Tiverton, with its pretty canal, where you can enjoy a ride on a horse-drawn barge. Whatever you decide to do you will look forward to returning to your cosy little barn to relax and unwind.
Step inside the stable door and you find yourself in the open-plan lounge/diner, a perfect place to sit and relax on the comfy sofa bed after a busy day exploring, watch your favourite show or film on the Smart TV /DVD in front of the warming wood burner. A small dining table and chairs make mealtimes easy, and the kitchen is well-equipped with everything you need to whip up a tasty meal, having an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. On the ground floor is the shower room with WC and this also houses the washing machine. Heading up the narrow cottage style stairs to the bedroom is a king-size bed.
Stepping outside, there is a gated and fully enclosed patio area with garden furniture right outside your front door, ideal for morning coffee or evening drinks. Stone steps lead down to a large lawn area where your four-legged friends can wander freely, the lawn area leads down towards the stream but is fully fenced. At night you can stargaze, with very little light pollution in this area it is much clearer to see the stars above. There is private off-road parking for one car.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- A perfect base for exploring Exmoor National Park as well as the North Devon coastline including Saunton, Croyde Woolacombe and Westward Ho!
- Picturesque barn with wonderful walks from the doorstep, the perfect retreat for couples
- An array of pretty market towns to explore including Bampton the closest which has a range of pubs, bistros and shops, Dulverton, the heart of Exmoor, South Molton, Withypool and Exford to name a few
- 1 bedroom king size
- 1 shower room with WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine and dishwasher
- Travel cot available on request
- Babes in arms only
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Smart TV and DVD in the lounge
- Enclosed patio area and steps leading down to the totally enclosed lawn area with garden furniture private hot tub and charcoal BBQ available
- Private off-road parking for 1 car
- Private hot tub ( robes and slippers provided)
- Shops 5 miles and pub 1½ miles
- Sofa bed in lounge/diner
- Please Note staircase is narrow
offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what can offer.