Located in , Devon
This truly delightfully private cottage provides everything you need for a peaceful getaway, conveniently located for the village shops and pub its also ideal for walking and exploring all this area has to offer.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
The cottage is located next to the Tarka Trail, also with a range of footpaths and bridleways from the property. Also, it’s just a short drive to discover the moors or the coastline in the area, making this the perfect place to relax. The location of this hidden gem offers relaxing surroundings and walks set midway between the wild expanses of Dartmoor and Exmoor. The rugged coastline and sandy beaches of the North and South Devon coasts make it an ideal base for enjoying a day at the seaside. Other local popular attractions include Eggesford Forest, RHS Rosemoor and Dartington Crystal.
On arrival at the cottage, you step immediately into the cosy open-plan kitchen/lounge area with a welcoming wood burner, comfy sofa and Smart TV which is ideal for catching up on your favourite TV shows; alternatively, the Bluetooth speaker allows you to play your own playlist if you prefer. The kitchen area is compact but has everything you need including an electric oven and two-ring hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment and a washer/dryer. Walking through the lounge area and up one step is the bright and airy dining room with French doors leading out to a small, walled courtyard. The dining area has a large table ideal for breakfast, lunch and dinner and seats four comfortably; the light here is lovely and it’s a great place to sit and research your next day’s adventures. The cottage-style stairs rise from the lounge and lead to a pretty bedroom with a king-size bed. The en-suite bathroom has a free-standing roll-top bath with shower attachment and WC.
Heading outside to the rear enclosed courtyard, there is room to sit and enjoy the sunshine with a bistro-style table and chairs. A door from the courtyard allows you to bring dogs, bikes, surfboards or buggies into the rear courtyard. There is allocated off-road parking for one car.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- This cute Devon thatched cottage sits in a delightful village setting
- Offering comfortable accommodation with contemporary style, ideal for a couple’s getaway
- Easy access to the Tarka Trail, for traffic-free walking, cycling and river fishing
- 1 bedroom king size
- 1 en suite bathroom with roll-top bath, shower attachment and WC
- Electric oven and 2 ring hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment and washer/dryer
- Travel cot and Highchair available
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Smart TV and Bluetooth speaker in the lounge
- Rear enclosed courtyard with seating
- Allocated Off-road parking for 1 car
- Shop and pub within walking distance
offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what can offer.