Lane Barton Dream Cottage
Located in Bideford, Devon
This tastefully converted barn offers cosy accommodation bursting with original charm.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Situated on the owner’s former dairy farm, which guests are free to explore, this property is surrounded by spectacular countryside. Just a short distance away, Devon’s north coast boasts a string of sandy beaches, quintessential fishing villages and beautiful cliff-top walks. Together with swimming, surfing and strolling along the coastline, there is much to see and do in the area, such as visiting RHS Garden Rosemoor, exploring the towns of Bude and Bideford and cycling along the Tarka Trail.
Inside, great care has been taken to retain many of this building’s original features, from an exposed stone fireplace to the high vaulted ceiling in the spacious kitchen, which also boasts a slate tiled floor with underfloor heating and access to the rear patio. The kitchen contains a dishwasher, electric oven and hob, washing machine, fridge/freezer and microwave. Once prepared, enjoy your meals in the lounge/diner before settling down for an evening beside the wood burner and TV/DVD. The bedroom is accessed via an open-tread spiral staircase and features an impressive king-size four-poster bed and other carefully chosen antique furniture. This room benefits from a TV and en-suite bathroom with spa bath and WC. Outside, take your pick of the patios located at the front and rear of the property, where you will find garden furniture and a BBQ, perfect for sunny afternoons. Guests also have access to a shared lawn area. Once the sun has gone down, indulge in a dip in the private hot tub, which is housed in a building attached to the main property.
- Quaint converted barn set on a former dairy farm with private hot tub, making the perfect romantic rural retreat
- The picturesque village of Woolsery with a pub/restaurant, shop/Post Office and Fish and Chip shop only a short distance away
- Why not explore the rugged coastline along the South West Coastal Path or visit local attractions such as the famous cobbled streets of Clovelly, Hartland Quay, RHS Rosemoor Gardens and Dartington Crysta
- l1 king size bedroom accessed via an open tread spiral staircase
- 1 bathroom with spa bath
- Electric oven, hob and microwave
- Washing machine, fridge/freezer
- Wi-Fi included
- Towels available for hire
- Ample parking
- Located on an old dairy farm where guests are free to explore the land
- Patio areas to the front and rear with garden furniture and BBQ
- Private hot tub and shower housed in building attached to the property
- Regret no pets
- Beach 2 miles away, sandy beach 6 miles away
- Shop and village social club 1 mile, pub 3 miles
The historic maritime town of Bideford lies on the River Torridge on the North Devon Coast and makes for an excellent base to explore this area of Devon. With a great selection of shops, cafés, pubs, tea rooms and restaurants you won't need to leave the town for anything but there is so much to see and do in the area you will surely want to. Just a couple of miles away is Westward Ho!, with 2 miles of spectacular coastline and a Blue Flag awarded sandy beach. Just sit and enjoy the views or perhaps make a sandcastle or partake in one of the many water-based activities on offer including surfing. The walking is especially good around here with both the South West Coast Path and the Tarka Trail within easy reach. North Burrows Country Park provides 253 hectares of diverse landscapes to enjoy while the award-winning Big Sheep all-weather family attraction and the Ultimate Adventure Centre are just 1 mile away. In summary, this area offers so much for all ages with breathtaking scenery thrown in for free!