Located in Beaworthy, Devon
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
Kelleden is a lovely wood cladded lodge in a log cabin style, set in the grounds of The Barn at Brockscombe Cross, near Okehampton. Its tranquil location in the countryside gives it an air of a mountain lodge in the Alps, offering warmth and comfort in the winter and relaxation and isolation all year round.
The owners offer a light/continental style breakfast by prior arrangement, at £7 per guest. Please let the owners know at time of booking if you would like this service. The cabin is set in the grounds of the owners’ home, amongst 3-acres of woodland consisting of conifers and English oaks, beech, birch and ash trees, with a small river at the bottom. It’s a great spot to watch the large variety of birds and other wild animals like badgers, rabbits, red deer and foxes.
There are plenty of things to do in the area, whether it’s to embrace the elements and scenery on nearby Dartmoor or seek adventure at the many tourist attractions in Devon. For days out, the cabin is perfectly located in the mid-Devon area with Cornwall’s north coast, Devon’s south coast, Plymouth, Exeter and Barnstable all within a 25-mile radius. There is a private, fenced off and slightly ’wild’ rear garden, comprising of a small section of wood, a grassed area and a decked seating area on the veranda. Parking for two guest cars is to the front of the property on the gravel drive.
The cabin is located down a country lane and is fairly isolated, surrounded by farmland. There is a well-stocked village store at Halwill Junction just 4 miles away, or a greater selection of shops including three supermarkets can be found in Okehampton, 7 miles away. A view of Dartmoor National Park can be seen from the top of the lane and the cabin is only 2 1/2 miles away from the edge of Roadford Lake. There is a country pub in the nearby village of Bratton Clovelly, 2 miles away, serving good food and real ales.
The area has a regular bus service from the top of the lane at Castle Cross but the bus stop is 1 1/2 miles up the road (a good 35 minute walk). Okehampton is where buses from many parts of Devon change, making it a very central place for buses. There is also a taxi rank outside the Co-op supermarket in Okehampton. The train station only serves as a link to Exeter on Sundays during the summer. Should you be arriving in more than 2 vehicles, there is additional parking available, by prior arrangement with the owner.
Beach 22¼ miles. Shop and restaurant 8¼ miles, pub 2¼ miles.
- Kelleden is a wood cladded lodge in a log cabin style, set in the grounds of The Barn at Brockscombe Cross, near Okehampton
- 2 steps to entrance
- All on the ground floor
- Open plan living space
- Living area: With electric wood burner, 24" Freeview TV, CD player, radio and wooden floor
- Kitchen area: With electric oven, electric hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher
- Bedroom 1: With zip and link super kingsize bed (can be twin beds on request) and en-suite with shower over bath, toilet and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 2: With double bed and en-suite with shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail
- Oil central heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- External utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Private rear garden with sitting-out area and garden furniture
- 3-acre grounds with a decked area (shared with owners)
- Private parking for 2 cars
- No smoking
- Please note: There are 3 steps in the garden
No reviews found.
Beaworthy offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Beaworthy can offer.