Located in Buckfastleigh, Devon
- Sleeps: 3
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
This cosy and comfortable holiday property is set in a quiet courtyard located just off the main street of the little town of Buckfastleigh. The Butterfly Farm, Otter sanctuary and the South Devon Railway with steam trains to Totnes are a short walk away. The well-known medieval monastery of Buckfast Abbey with its various craft shops is also within easy walking distance. Kay’s Cottage provides an excellent base for touring Dartmoor and the South Devon coast. With quick access to Plymouth and Exeter, it also allows plenty of time for day trips to Cornwall and other Devon attractions, north and east. Shop 30 yards, pub 300 yards.
- Very quiet courtyard, off the main street in Buckfastleigh, ideal for a couple, with walks across Dartmoor nearby
- Ground Floor:Living room: With Freeview TV and DVD player
- Kitchen/dining room: With electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge and washing machine
- First Floor:Bedroom 1: With double bed
- Bedroom 2: With single bed and pull-out bed (for child)
- Bathroom: With shower over bath, and toilet
- Gas central heating, gas, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included
- Travel cot and highchair
- Doggy extras
- Enclosed private courtyard with garden furniture
- Private parking for 1 car, 60 yards away, accessed via a number of steps; additonal public car park
- Please note: There is a walled river/stream close to the property, 65 yards away
- Excellent touring base
- This cosy and comfortable holiday property is set in a quiet courtyard located just off the main street of the little town of Buckfastleigh
- The Butterfly Farm, Otter sanctuary and the South Devon Railway with steam trains to Totnes are a short walk away
- The well-known medieval monastery of Buckfast Abbey with its various craft shops is also within easy walking distance
- Kay’s Cottage provides an excellent base for touring Dartmoor and the South Devon coast
- With quick access to Plymouth and Exeter, it also allows plenty of time for day trips to Cornwall and other Devon attractions, north and east
- Shop 30 yards, pub 300 yards
We had a really great stay. Equiped with the essentials. And if you needed anything it was a quick walk or drive away.
Fabulous stay for our family. A lot better than we expected and very well equipped. Kitchen was easy to cook and eat in and lounge was very spacious. Comfortable beds. Only thing that would have been nice for a family would have been a second key as often one parent was one way and the other somewhere else! Otherwise perfect.
Overall the cottage was comfortable.Pros: Lovely little cottage in an attractive courtyard. Easy walking to local amenities. The cottage had a small private courtyard out the back. Comfortable lounge. Fast WiFi.Cons: There were a few cleanliness issues - hairs in the bath and on loo seat. Blood? On back of bathroom door. Stains on bedding. Also the bedding in the main bedroom needs looking at. The mattress topper kept shifting and the pillows were very lumpy.But overall we enjoyed our stay and if the issues as mentioned above were sorted out, I would highly recommend this cottage.
Ideally situated for exploring south Devon.Buckfastleigh has a great fish and chip shop and a very good Chinese takeaway if you don't want to cook.There are 3 pubs in the village but only one does food which was pub grub ok but not the greatest.It also has a co op and a post office,all you really need ! The Cottage was very close to amenities,in a quiet courtyard but not ideal if you struggle with steps as the car parking was the other side of a stream. I would recommend this Cottage ideally for a couple,a perfect size and our dog loved the local walks a short distance away,the best being near the steam railway.
Very pleasant stay. Lovely location great.Overall very good .Hope to return
Excellent cottage in a lovely town centre location. Local amenities great and easy to get to.
We really enjoyed our stay in Kay's Cottage.It is a very pleasant house clean, and well equipped,and was perfect for us as a couple and our young labrador.The cottage is positioned in a very quiet courtyard and is close to a traditional dog friendly pub, other facilities a shop, pubs, takeaway and post office are nearby . Within only a short drive you can be on Dartmoor or enjoying a walk on the beach making the house a really good place to stay to explore the area. The only downside to the property is there is no handrail to the steps leading in to the house or the steps in to the garden .For those of us with any mobility issues this is a problem but could be easily sorted . Overall a great holiday and we would most likely visit again
Buckfastleigh offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Buckfastleigh can offer.