Island Quay 9
Located in Salcombe, Devon
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: No
One of the few properties in Salcombe with direct water access this mews style house has a private pontoon mooring and large terrace overlooking the main anchorage to the beaches and hills of East Portlemouth and up the estuary to the sea. Constructed on the site of Edgar Coves Boatyard and affording wonderful views the property has been decorated, equipped and furnished to a high standard is in a secluded position with off road parking and is within a minute’s walk of the shops, restaurants and quays.
- 9 Island Quay boasts private mooring and direct access to the water
- It is a haven of seclusion for your nautical break in Salcombe
- From parking area, door to Entrance Hall
- Kitchen/Dining/Sitting Room: kitchen area is fully fitted with wooden worktops and Belfast style sink, double electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher
- Double doors to terrace from dining area
- Sitting area has flatscreen TV, DVD, Bose music system
- Separate WC off hallway
- Stairs to First floor
- Bedroom 1: super kingsize bed (6’), views, ensuite shower room: shower cubicle, basin, WC
- Bedroom 2: kingsize bed (5’), views
- Bedroom 3: 2 single beds (3’), basin, views
- Bathroom: bath with shower over, basin, WC
- Outside: large paved terrace with access to water, fabulous views, outdoor furniture and BBQ
- Shed housing washing machine and tumble dryer
- Parking: for one car
- Mooring: for one boat length 17ft max
- Duvets, pillows, all linen and towels provided
- Superfast Wifi available
- Gas central heating and hot water
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Due to the architectural design of the property there are low walls to the water frontage of the property, children must be supervised and its not recommended for young children
- One of the few properties in Salcombe with direct water access this mews style house has a private pontoon mooring and large terrace overlooking the main anchorage to the beaches and hills of East Portlemouth and up the estuary to the sea
- Constructed on the site of Edgar Coves Boatyard and affording wonderful views the property has been decorated, equipped and furnished to a high standard is in a secluded position with off road parking and is within a minute’s walk of the shops, restaurants and quays
Property in need of some TLC Higher level of cleaning needed before arrival
Our sixth consecutive visit to this beautiful property. Both it and the location never disappoints.
Lying within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Salcombe is a hugely popular resort town close to the mouth of the Kingsbridge Estuary. There are plenty of sandy beaches nearby including the pet-friendly Salcombe North Sands which is just a short walk from Salcombe town center. The Winking Prawn has a fantastic outside seating area and renowned food and is within yards of the beach. Travel to South Sands Beach from Salcombe's Whitestrand Quay on the South Sands Ferry and find large areas of golden sand perfect for making sand castles and rock pools to explore as well as Bo’s Beach Café which also sells beach accessories. East Portlemouth Beach is another that can be reached by ferry and is a series of coves with golden sands and clear blue water more reminiscent of beaches in the Indian Ocean making a swim almost irresistible. If you are looking for a walk with a difference wait for low tide and make your way up to Mill Bay along the coast for another great beach experience.
Lots of activities in Salcombe, both on and off the water. With the calm estuary there is a great choice of water based activities including sea kayaks, paddle boarding, a surf school, sailing both yacht and dinghy, estuary cruises both leisurely and adrenalin filled, schools for yachting and power boats and even donut rides and coasteering. Off the water relax at the Salcombe Distillery at the tasting bar or create your own gin at the gin school. Try your hands at the Salcombe Shooting School or travel up to Pennywell Farm and see all the animals and cuddle a miniature pig! Soft play can be found at Kidz and Co for those rainy days. The Brownston Gallery is one of Devon's finest art galleries showing contemporary pieces from both established and emerging artists. The walking here is excellent with a 3 mile walk along the South West Coast Path to Bolt Head being among the most popular with stunning coastal views.
Places to visit while staying in Salcombe include the Salcombe Maritime Museum, a collection of models, paintings, photographs and artefacts which tell the story of Salcombe’s links with ships and the sea. Carved into the cliff 80m above the sea, Overbeck’s Gardens and Museum provides breath-taking views over Salcombe Estuary with a diverse collection of plants and an interesting history. Finally, you are in a stunning part of the country whether you are attracted by the coastline or the countryside the Salcombe area delivers on all fronts.