Located in Exeter, Devon
Farmhouse property located on a 120-acre organic farm with resident turkeys, chickens, cows and sheep, just a short drive from the city of Exeter and the South Devon coast
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
This characterful property enjoys a tranquil farmland location, just outside the village of Kenn. There are three pubs within walking distance of the property, making it ideal for those who want to take a break from cooking on their holiday. Despite its rural location, the property is actually close to many attractions and interesting towns, including the city of Exeter, which is just six miles north of the property, and the traditional seaside resort of Dawlish, which lies nine miles to the south. Dawlish makes a fantastic place for a day trip, with its sandy beach, shops, restaurants, and the South Devon Railway Line which runs along the Devonshire coast. Also within easy access of the property are the family-friendly attractions of Crealy Adventure Park and Diggerland.
This semi-detached farmhouse property offers comfortable accommodation and sits within the grounds of a working organic farm. On entering the property, guests will find the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner with its cosy open fire, ornate fireplace, feature wall, comfortable sofa and armchairs, dining table, TV and DVD. The adjacent kitchen area is equipped with everything that guests will need to make themselves at home, including a gas oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and washing machine. If guests require the use of a tumble dryer, this can be arranged with the property s owners who live just next door. Upstairs there are two bedrooms, both of which enjoy lovely views of the surrounding countryside. The first of these is a double room, whilst the other is a family room with a double bed and a single bed, perfect for younger children to share with their parents. The double room benefits from an en suite shower room with WC, whilst there is also a bathroom with a bath and a separate WC.
Outside, guests can enjoy the use of the private garden with outdoor furniture. In the evenings, guests can enjoy a guided tour around the farm, to get a real taste of farming life and to meet the resident animals including turkeys, chickens, cows and sheep. There is ample parking available.
- Characterful semi-detached farmhouse, enjoying far-reaching views over open countryside
- Ideally located for visiting a host of beaches and the seaside town of Dawlish
- Peaceful and secluded location on a 120-acre organic farm
- Enjoy some lovely walks adjoining the land, as well as guided farm tours by advance arrangement
- 3 village pubs within a mile of the property, all of which serve food
- 2 bedrooms 1 double and 1 family room with a double and a single bed
- 1 bathroom with bath, separate WC
- 1 en suite shower room with WC to the double bedroom
- Open fire
- TV and DVD in the lounge area
- Gas oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and access to a tumble dryer
- Wi Fi included, however, due to the rural location please note that the speed is limited
- Electric and central heating included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Private garden with seating and BBQ
- Stabling/grazing available for horses by prior arrangement and at an additional charge
- Ample parking available 50 yards away from the property, guests can park outside to unload
- Babysitting can be arranged directly with the owners
- Pubs 1 mile, shop 2 miles, beach 20-minute drive
It’s no surprise that Exeter has become a popular destination in Devon for holidays. Within easy reach of the beach and a thriving city centre, Exeter in Devon is the perfect location for your 2020 summer holiday. We spend time sourcing the best Exeter Holiday Cottages, so that you don’t miss out on the best holiday deals. From luxury breaks, to pet friendly Exeter cottage holidays. Choose from our large selection of holiday cottages in Exeter below.