Higher Whiddon Farm Whiddon Well
Located in , Devon
This cottage attached to the owner's farmhouse is located near the village of Ashburton and can sleep four people in two bedrooms.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Higher Whiddon Farm Whiddon Well is a cottage attached to the owner’s farmhouse near the village of Ashburton, just a short distance from Dartmoor. The cottage sleeps four people and has one king-size double bedroom on the first floor, plus one twin bedroom (can be super king-size double on request) and a family bathroom on the ground floor. Also in the cottage are a fitted kitchen and a sitting room with dining area and wood burner. Outside is off road parking for three cars and a patio with furniture, a secured well with safety mesh and a children’s slide. Situated in South Devon, Higher Whiddon Farm Whiddon Well is a lovely family cottage all year round.
Ashburton 2 miles. This cosy cottage is attached to the owners' farmhouse, in a rural location on the outskirts of Ashburton in the Dartmoor National Park. Situated on a quiet farm that breeds and trains racehorses, along with keeping miniature Shetlands, this is the perfect spot for the family to enjoy the beauty of inland Devon, being surrounded by acres of rolling green pastures grazed by ponies. This lovely cottage feels warm and welcoming yet the oak floors, exposed stone and inglenook fireplace give the cottage a lot of character. The décor is tasteful and modern and the woodburner is ideal for toasting your toes after a day walking on Dartmoor. On the first floor there is a spacious king-size double bedroom, plus a twin bedroom (or super king-size double on request) and bathroom on the ground floor. Also on the ground floor is a well-equipped kitchen, housing a range of appliances so you can easily cook up a storm for the whole family, and boasting a washing machine for your comfort. The dining area provides ample space for family gatherings over a hot meal and a refreshing beverage. Spend your evenings in the spacious sitting room where you can catch up with the day's events on the sofas, or enjoy a family move night. The property boasts a private lawned garden with a patio that backs on to the property's 25 acres of land which boasts fantastic views. There is a public footpath running alongside the property which leads to Ashburton, a 20 minute walk, where there are excellent shops and pubs. The pub in the charming Dartmoor village of Widecombe-in-the-Moor is highly recommended, as is Ilsington village pub. In this beautiful rural heartland of south Devon you are spoilt for choice when it comes to farm food and local ales. Stay with a friendly family of racehorse breeders who are incredibly welcoming and helpful and be inspired by the natural beauty of Devon. Whether it's a private break away or an adventurous Dartmoor family trip, Whiddon Well caters to all.
- Oil central heating with wood burner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Toys for babies
- Off-road parking for 3 cars
- Lawned garden with furniture and children's slide
- Secured wishing well with safety mesh
- Large secure dog area with water and dog house
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: The super king-size double room in the eaves has sloping ceilings and may have limited headroom
- Note: Due to horses and nearby chickens and cows, please ensure pets are on a lead outside the premises
- There is a peg to which long reins/leads can be attached
- Note: There are steps leading down to the cottage
- Children can use the slide and there is an alternative route with only 2 steps up for those with limited mobility
- Please speak to the owner for more information
- Note: There is an interconnecting door linking the owner's property and the holiday cottage that can be bolted from both sides
- Note: 4pm check-in
The ancient Stannary town of Ashburton lies on the southern slopes of Dartmoor and is an ideal spot from which to explore rugged high moors to the North and a beautiful coastline to the South. The scenery in this area of South Devon is glorious in all weathers and offers visitors opportunities for walking, pony trekking, canoeing, fishing and lazing on the beach. Ashburton has some interesting artisan shops and with its interesting history and museum, has built a reputation for its high standard of antiques and fine collectables outlets.